www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Installed a Delkevic 4 into 1 on my KZ650  (Read 167 times)

Offline VintageMBike

Installed a Delkevic 4 into 1 on my KZ650
« on: Jan 06, 2019, 17:32:26 »
n case someone comes looking for info on a Delkevic exhaust for a KZ, Ive consolidated all the pics and info into this post.

A few weeks back I decided my stock exhaust was too quiet. I started investigating 4 into 1 options. Delkevic seemed the best of the lot, and after having a few conversations with ppl who swapped over to Delkevic, I took the plunge. The full exhaust was $325 shipped free from Delkevic. I bought it from them because I loathe 3rd parties.

When I made the decision to get the Delkevic, I carefully looked over the stock system on my bike. The pipes (I had wrapped them a few months ago) werent rusted but the exhaust studs and bolts were. Pics below.

I sprayed WD-40 PENETRANT (not the regular wd-40) oil on the bolts. Checked back a week later and they came right off like magic.

Installing the Delkevic was easy, as was removing the stock exhaust. I loosened the exhaust bolts first, then the rear footpeg bolts and voila the exhaust came right down. It was also easy to singlehandedly remove the entire stock exhaust in one piece.

To make a long story short, Im very happy with the Delkevic system. Everything they supplied, copper exhaust crush washers, exhaust springs, rear footpeg bracket and center stop bracket, all fit perfectly.

And the sound! Omg at 7k rpms its magnificent - if you like loud, raucous exhausts.

Sound 1:

Sound 2:

1977 Kawa KZ650
1977 Kawa KZ750 Twin
1972 Honda CB 750
1973 Honda CB 500F
1982 Honda CB 900F