www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: CJ360T De-Tabbing  (Read 214 times)

Offline RoadRunner

CJ360T De-Tabbing
« on: Mar 13, 2019, 09:39:49 »
Hello,
I'm trying to get rid of all the extra tabs on my '76 CJ360T.
I have a couple of questions however.
When I go to remove the frame part that I assume had the passenger pegs, do I have to brace that part of the frame or cab I just chop them off?
Underneath the bike are these two tabs for something and I don't know what they are for. Am I good to remove them? T
hank you!

The first four pictures are for the first question, the last three are for the second. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
Re: CJ360T De-Tabbing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2019, 09:47:43 »
Hello,
I'm trying to get rid of all the extra tabs on my '76 CJ360T.
I have a couple of questions however.
When I go to remove the frame part that I assume had the passenger pegs, do I have to brace that part of the frame or cab I just chop them off?
Underneath the bike are these two tabs for something and I don't know what they are for. Am I good to remove them? T
hank you!

The first four pictures are for the first question, the last three are for the second.

This is for your rear brake pedal

The braces here are for you passenger pegs.  If you are removing the brackets, then these can go too.  The bottom bracket with the hole is for your kickstand.

These brackets are for your center stand.  Most will say to keep them so you can install the stand for tuning or repairs, then remove it when not in use.

Offline RoadRunner

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2019, 11:07:48 »
This is for your rear brake pedal

The braces here are for you passenger pegs.  If you are removing the brackets, then these can go too.  The bottom bracket with the hole is for your kickstand.

These brackets are for your center stand.  Most will say to keep them so you can install the stand for tuning or repairs, then remove it when not in use.

Thanks again for the help irk!
If I remove the braces for the passenger pegs will I need to rebrace the frame or will the existing connection suffice?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline advCo

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Nick Ol' Eye
    • adventur Studios
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2019, 11:13:09 »
That gusset is just supporting the passenger peg bracket.