www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Rise of the phoenix cb750k  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Munamankeli

Re: Rise of the phoenix cb750k
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2019, 16:51:47 »
Today I just made last things to bike. The broken bolt was one of the. Honda badges were little worn out so I tried to pain them abit. Tomorrow Ill see if paint is drying. I swiped dusts off from tank. I was going to wax the gas tank. Wax was frozen.
 I got new wax, and finishing stuff like silicone spray and towels from nearby store. I waxed the tank, cleaned wires and wiped dust and finger prints off the bike. Tomorrow Ill attach little speedometer and them I think its ready to show. My workshop is big but a "room" where I build this is mess right now so fotos are bad. So in next few days Ill attach better ones.

Offline datadavid

« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2019, 02:14:46 »
So just slap a plate on after the show, get it inspected and ride. Amazing work in just a few weeks

Offline jordandogtown

• Washed up Weekend Warrior
« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2019, 10:48:04 »
Turned out great man. Can't wait to see some photos from the show. Good luck!
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils, and lunatics" George Fitch, 1916

1979 CB750F Tracker (maybe?)

Instagram

1979 CB750F Part Out

Online Jimbonaut

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Lost Apostle
« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 2019, 10:58:42 »
^^ What Jordan said - hope you made it to the show mate and looking forward to seeing some photos of your ride there in all her glory

If you find another frozen mouse then you'll have Ice Mice
"I'm telling you Donnie, nuthin' but nuthin' but right"

Offline Munamankeli

« Reply #24 on: Jan 31, 2019, 07:56:29 »
Lets go! 

Online Jimbonaut

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Lost Apostle
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:30:58 »
Hell yeah - this story is brilliant.  Have fun at the show man, drive safe!
"I'm telling you Donnie, nuthin' but nuthin' but right"

Offline jordandogtown

• Washed up Weekend Warrior
« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2019, 10:36:30 »
Wrap the tires in packing tape to keep them pristine while rolling it in. Old moto trick if you want a photo of your brand new build in the middle of the track

Will also draw some confused looks  ;D
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils, and lunatics" George Fitch, 1916

1979 CB750F Tracker (maybe?)

Instagram

1979 CB750F Part Out

Offline pidjones

« Reply #27 on: Jan 31, 2019, 10:48:36 »
Have a blast! I really like doing shows. Not interested in competition, which is a good thing since so many of the competitions are rigged. Really enjoy talking about the bike and the build with folks. Do you have a "build book" for it? I have one with a bunch photos through the progress of the build (which took over five years for my GL1000). I'll be showing it at a lot of small regional shows this year. Fun!
"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Offline Munamankeli

« Reply #28 on: Jan 31, 2019, 18:18:34 »
I got to Helsinki. It was late so I just dropped the bike to expo center and get to my cousins place. Tomorrow Ill go to expo center before show starts and do final cleaning and buffing. But now good night! More tomorrow.

Offline Munamankeli

« Reply #29 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:58:07 »

Hell yeah - this story is brilliant.  Have fun at the show man, drive safe!
Thanks man.
Wrap the tires in packing tape to keep them pristine while rolling it in. Old moto trick if you want a photo of your brand new build in the middle of the track

Will also draw some confused looks  ;D
Haha that's something. I used tyre dresser to clean them after the bike was rolled to its place.
Have a blast! I really like doing shows. Not interested in competition, which is a good thing since so many of the competitions are rigged. Really enjoy talking about the bike and the build with folks. Do you have a "build book" for it? I have one with a bunch photos through the progress of the build (which took over five years for my GL1000). I'll be showing it at a lot of small regional shows this year. Fun!
I had blast for sure. After expo and shows were closed for audience there was like few hours to chat with other builders. There was like small bar built for bike builders. There was wheelbarrow full of ice and beer. We sat there and drunk some beers and discussed about bikes and stuff. Don't really have "build book" but got some photos for sure taken along the project. I'll go other shows too for sure.
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019, 09:59:51 by Munamankeli »