www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Building a seat/cowl on the OEM seat pan (CB350)  (Read 465 times)

Offline Knoxes

Building a seat/cowl on the OEM seat pan (CB350)
« on: Apr 25, 2019, 14:40:02 »
I'm struggling trying to figure out if it's possible/logical to build a cowling on the OEM seat pan and I'm looking for info from anyone that has actually done it.  I'm using this bike as inspiration:

The article with this pic quoted the owner saying that the seat and cowling were built over the existing pan.  I'm mocking it up, but the seat pan, particularly in the rear, looks too wide to get the proportions to match this image.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2019, 14:41:41 by Knoxes »
1971 CB350 K3

Offline advCo

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Nick Ol' Eye
    • adventur Studios
Re: Building a seat/cowl on the OEM seat pan (CB350)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2019, 14:47:00 »
You'd likely have to trim the OEM pan to get a more low profile look. The original pans were designed to wrap around the frame rails so the seat covered the upper rail.

I did it on the GS550 I had a few years ago. Worked out OK but you get the most bang for your buck just from shaving the foam and recovering.

Offline Knoxes

Re: Building a seat/cowl on the OEM seat pan (CB350)
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2019, 15:28:45 »
OK - I'm finally starting to find the right keywords to turn up some old posts on various forums about this.  And I think you're right - it won't work with the existing seat pan.  I'm not willing to cut the frame, so I think the seat pan will have to go entirely (don't want to cut that either).   

Now I have to figure out how to work around that vertical hoop on the rear of the frame.
1971 CB350 K3