www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: CB350 Drum Hub and 19" front wheel  (Read 384 times)

Offline stavros

CB350 Drum Hub and 19" front wheel
« on: Jun 03, 2019, 04:21:55 »
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has done this conversion before?
Im Struggling to find the correct Spoke length and size that I need,

Cb350 Drum hub to 19x1.85 front rim

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
Re: CB350 Drum Hub and 19" front wheel
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2019, 06:52:53 »
First, get in touch with Buchanan spokes.  They have all the specs and can sell you spokes to make the hub and rim work together.  That is assuming the 19” rim is generally compatible in terms of the spike angles etc.  18 to 19 isn’t that big a deal, but the 19” rim needs to be drilled for a drum brake hub.

The different hub diameter and width changes the spoke angles, which means the holes in the rim need to be different.  The small 350 drum hub is probably not much larger than a typical disk brake hub so chances are it will work.

Why the move to 19?  When I built my 650cc XS cafe, I went with 18” rims on both ends. There is no advantage in going to a 19” front.  Just heavier which means slower.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline BarnBurner

Re: CB350 Drum Hub and 19" front wheel
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2019, 11:03:02 »
Is the 1.85" width rim a necessity? CL350s ran 19" rims up front and would be a simple and cheap swap, but they're only 1.6" in width.
Old motorcycles never die, they just wait.

1971 Honda CL350
1968 Aermacchi/Harley Davidson Rapido
1967 Ducati Monza Jr. 160
1966 Honda CA100
1965 Honda CL77