www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: why keep it normal 78 goldwing slow build...  (Read 131 times)

Offline cbrianroll

why keep it normal 78 goldwing slow build...
« on: Jul 13, 2019, 23:10:04 »
Has been a while for this one. Carb issues last year? Then it sat after I painted the motor. Finally pulled it out and cut some frame off. Kinda torn on which direction to go....hardtail or not? Am thinning and lowering the frame at the shocks, trying to make better looking triangle.

Once that's done I'm hoping to have dual Weber's for it, an air filter on stock carbs is gonna be weird under a normal tank.

Any ideas are much welcomed, you guys come up with radest stuff.

Offline pidjones

Re: why keep it normal 78 goldwing slow build...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2019, 08:48:09 »
Hope you are keeping those intake ports covered. Single Solex (VW) carb, dual Webers, supercharger have all been done to varying degrees of success (supercharged 'wing by J.R. Lusik probably the best). Joe Drum on Classic Goldwings had a single Weber running great until he broke a belt. I just shipped him some valves because he is on very limited budget. For the rear, make sure some is bolt-on so you can remove the bits of drive train if needed. Seems the biggest problem on 'wing radicals is the tank and frame setup. With all of the frame parts on top, it gets real hard to work out a tank that look right, and then you have that huge hole where the old tank was. Might be interesting to see an entire re-design of all that. Oh, and change the belts.
"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Offline cbrianroll

Re: why keep it normal 78 goldwing slow build...
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2019, 11:19:56 »
Ports are plugged and taped! I've been reading randakk notes again about carburation....lots of things to think about! I havent been on the wing forums for a while now, forgot about "change the belts" lol