my silly little bike

ryan76cb

it's funny...I used to have a 550 and now that I have this little 125, I feel like I'm riding a scooter...until I catch a reflection of myself in a window then I don't feel so small. Still, I'm going with a straight pipe on the exhaust to give it a bit of a meaner sound. ;)

1978 cb125s
motorcycle.jpg

Cafe seat still to come - can't decide if I'd rather make one or throw $100 at roc city for one of theirs.

I'm 6'1" and ride a 175. Looks kinda like a great dane humping a poodle, but I hardly ever see me riding it so it dosen't really matter

id be terrified of riding something that small around the city... but hey, i'm sure it would get your heart pumping, not because its fast but cuz its terrifyingly slow... I question whoever had the bright idea to make this bike apper to be a practical two seater

Props man, u've got more guts than I do...

THE_SHRUB said:
id be terrified of riding something that small around the city... but hey, i'm sure it would get your heart pumping, not because its fast but cuz its terrifyingly slow... I question whoever had the bright idea to make this bike apper to be a practical two seater

Props man, u've got more guts than I do...

haha yeah I'm 5'6 about 180 and it has trouble going up even the slightest incline. I usually have to drop it down into 4 to keep it at 45 mph. On flat roads it will get up to speed pretty quick but don't ask it to do much more than that. ;D

I laugh at my wife when she asks to ride on the back.

Can anyone recommend an exhaust pipe for this thing? I tried using a straight piece of galvanized pipe but it looks cheesy.

I like this look. Maybe not exactly like this but something more stylish than just a straight pipe.
450-71.jpg

Anyone?

ryan76cb said:
Can anyone recommend an exhaust pipe for this thing? I tried using a straight piece of galvanized pipe but it looks cheesy.

I like this look. Maybe not exactly like this but something more stylish than just a straight pipe.
450-71.jpg

Anyone?

Try Apollocone.com

Louis

ryan76cb said:

http://www.halffastchicago.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.msg268#msg268

thanks but i don't think those same pipes are going to work on my bike. I don't know for sure though
Anyone else?

I am pretty sure that you will not find some bolt on aftermarket pipe for that bike. You will have to get some pieces together and make something or have someone else make it for you. Good luck.

ryan76cb said:

450-71.jpg

Anyone?
Always liked Proteal's old 450. Pretty cleaver set up. Only thing I've wondered ever was how to ride it without the back of your leg getting charred . Other than that it's one of the top cb450 customs out there . Simple yet cool.

alexcb360t said:
I picked up a 1981 cb125s, and it is so much fun to ride! I can definitely relate to you man! congrats on the find!

yup it's a fun little bike. I can't wait for better weather

So today I'm riding my bike around my neighborhood just to see how loud my straight pipe is and I'm doing about 24 MPH in a 25 zone and I pass this guy standing in his yard so I do the neighborly thing and give him a little wave. The he gestures for me to slow down while he mouths the words "SLOW DOWN" at me when I pass him. I'M DOING 24 IN A 25 YOU DUMBASS! So I run up the street, turn around and on my way back when I pass him, he's on the phone so I pull in my clutch and rev it up to about 6000. He jumped about 3 feet in the air. I was very put off when he tried to tell me to slow down when I wasn't even doing the speed limit to begin with. Maybe I shouldn't have revved the motor like I did but I hate it when people try to control you when you're not even doing anything wrong. ugh

I've got a 2-into-1 sideburner drag pipe on my 1800VTX. That bitch will freak out teenage girls talking on their cell phones while driving ;D I have a nasty tendancy to drop it a gear and when passing them

Back
Top Bottom