CB125 cafe neoretro

cbtonup

Hi all!!! i would like to Introduce my self. My name is Gempur. I am from Indonesia. I have a little chop shop in east Java. we mostly modify CB100 to CB125 single based hondas. with engines Upgraded up to 2008 spec. which means increase in cc up to 200 and improved clucthes and gear ratios and valvetrain. Here is my latest creation.

Welcome... If shipping wouldnt kill me, id buy that red bike in a heartbeat! How much fun would that be to scoot around the city on!?

VonYinzer said:
Welcome... If shipping wouldnt kill me, id buy that red bike in a heartbeat! How much fun would that be to scoot around the city on!?

Thanks!! that means alot to me. that little number cost me in total around $1500. it has a late 2007 engine with six speed gearbox, 200cc engine. i used an old cb125 1973 tank with a vintage honda racing livery. the wheels are 17 inches, 2.15 up front and 2.50 rear, showa forks taken from 2008 honda city bike, with the matching discs, rear brakes i use yamaha calipers. fenders i used from old 70's bikes with fabricated braces. I will edit this thread later to upload better pics.

oh my god i love your red 200... what a gorgeous scoot... clean and simple... way to go man! any build pics?

man that is some red paint. none more red. i like the tank stripe and the airbox cover pinstripe - they look great!

Gempur, I am jealous. Small cc bikes are non existant in the USA, and if you find something that small, it's either a scooter or an old beat up bike. I wish we here in the states recognized the functionality of a small cc bike. Great for getting around the city, for students and young professionals. Besides, if it breaks down, you can always put it in your backpack and carry it home. ;D

Sincerely, very nice work. I bet there are alot of people here who would like to know more about the new motors and parts you are using. They just don't exist around here. Looking forward to reading more.

loudest143

Nice! Great craftsmanship.

Nobody in the states seems to get the small cc stuff. They're all gorging on huge amounts of Cu.in. ,cc, Mc D's and homosexuality.

But it keeps the prices down

Well, thats all we got down here..old hondas are hard to come by, especially superfours, and 350 twins. even today, kawasaki have the highest capacity in the market. 250 cc . after that its a giant leap to R1's, harleys and KTM's. however, i use CB because the design of the engine it self have not changed since the seventies. I am a big fan of CB 100, it is a great city bike, and the engine have evolved yet still have the same platform, you can use the left engine block and mix it up with any old honda singles ranging from cb 100, cb125, gl100, gl125, and even the newest hondas in the market. the platform is still the same but improved in gearbox, charging, capacity, valvetrain, drivetrain, ignition and so on. so i usually get a donor bike costing around $150 such as CB125 K3 and only use the frame, left engine block (the one with the serial number) everything else i get at the wreckers. maintaining original OEM parts but newer and more reliable. thats why i could keep the cost down. the problem is, its hard to find tanks that are in good shape. Old Cbs have the same weakness in their tanks. prone to corrosion and rust. here are some of the build pics. the pics arent so great cuz i took it using a nokia.

brewtown16 said:
oh my god i love your red 200... what a gorgeous scoot... clean and simple... way to go man! any build pics?

By the way you are welcome to contact me via email gempursuharto@gmail.com, add me as your friend on your facebook Gempur Suharto or IM me Via Yahoo messrnger id : prodriverc@yahoo.com. thanks for your kind words

Hot Rod Troy said:
Gempur, who do you order all your parts through?

All the part i can get through nearby shops around town in surabaya, also there is a big wreckers yard in surabaya were i can get used OEM parts at a decent price. no need for online shops down here. most people dont shop online. and there are no fancy expensive part on this bike, the engine cost me $700, the headlamp cost me $40, the rims cost me $90 a pair. we have abundance of parts that are inexpensive, cuz no one can afford expensive japanese parts.

cbtonup said:
All the part i can get through nearby shops around town in surabaya, also there is a big wreckers yard in surabaya were i can get used OEM parts at a decent price. no need for online shops down here. most people dont shop online. and there are no fancy expensive part on this bike, the engine cost me $700, the headlamp cost me $40, the rims cost me $90 a pair. we have abundance of parts that are inexpensive, cuz no one can afford expensive japanese parts.

i agree with gempur here! salam dari anak indo di adelaide, australia :)

motorbikes have been and still is a dominant means of transportation in indonesia, so finding parts should not be a problem there. i recently purchased a Yamaha XS250 and i cursed a lot for not being able to find bike shops for cheap parts etc

Back
Top Bottom