Triton/Norvin inspired homebuilt project

Re: Triton/Norvin inspired homebuilt project

Rocan said:
this looks great...
but im not sure im ok with the idea of a lawnmower powered bike being the BOTM
:D :D
haha just kidding bud! keep up the good work! ;D

LOL, but behind every joke there is a grain of truth....
Anyhoo, I prefer to think of it more as 'an industrial motor put to way better use'
And maybe we also need a bike of the YEAR......:)

Got the second batch of gloss black powder coating back this morning, mixed results ,the chainguard was a bit rusty before sandblasting but the p/coat seems to have accentuated the pits..... :(
The other bits came out OK,a little orange peely for my likeing,but after I do a bit of cutting/polishing they should be usable

lois p coated sidestand by eurodave96, on Flickr

Attachments

• lois p coating.jpg
    lois p coating.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 309

eurodave said:
after I do a bit of cutting/polishing they should be usable

I didn't realise you could do that with powdercoating. Anyway, I think you're being over-critical dave, they look pretty good from here ;)

Put it down to 'patina' ;D

cheers
ian

EARTHQUAKE!!!!! 7.1 on the richter scale here in Christchurch New Zealand,Saturday morning I awoke to find Lois upside down beside her bikestand. Oh the humanity!!! :( On a more serious note incredably NO ONE DIED!!! lots of building & ground damage, no water or power etc but did I mention?,no one died!!! a week later & we are still getting several aftershocks each day........

lois 006 by eurodave96, on Flickr

Well, after the shock of the earthquake & finding Lois in a sad state,Ive been spurred onwards
heres a pic of the Konis with my home made shock covers, made from old small fire extinguishers & then powder coated/chromed, about to be reassembled

Attachments

• lois 007.jpg
    lois 007.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 326

Spent today reassembling , tweeking & straightning the damage,then fitted the shox. Next on the list is to make the figlass tank actually hold some gas ....

Attachments

• lois 009.jpg
    lois 009.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 367

Finally, some tank progress
As you can see Ive started with a Commando Fastback tank that I then modded & remolded
Then I glassed in the bottom of a CB350 race tank,modded at the front to clear the front down tubes
The cap spigot was off an old GS1000 tank,the pivot was an old alloy window catch & the chrome locater/latch was off a car window quarterlight
The, now polished, cap is off a '60's NZeta scooter

lois 018 by eurodave96, on Flickr
lois 017 by eurodave96, on Flickr

This is the tank cap fitted & working!

Attachments

• lois 016.jpg
    lois 016.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 338

Do I really need to comment again on how badass this bike is? Probably not, it is pretty obvious. Glad everyone made it through the shake down,

wowza! bikes looking amazing!

cant wait to see more! i was wondering what happened to this thread... guess that earthquake woke you up ;)

Been beavering away out in the sun this morning & managed to accomplish a few more things
The tank got sloshed with epoxy resin last night & can now hold gas,the chrome brit replica taps & aftermart Royal Enfield glass filters now clear the crankcases
Had a go at making a rear brake lever out of a heavily modified CX500 one, it had to be tucked well in to avoid tangling with the kickstart & gearlever linkages
Installed the home made sidestand & mocked up the pipes & BSA muffler
tank mounted by eurodave96, on Flickr

Attachments

• taps filters installed.jpg
    taps filters installed.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 317
  • muffler mockup.jpg
    muffler mockup.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 281

Getting quite a bit done today :) Got the fairing & chrome brit replica headlight complete with chrome mesh guard mounted . Have begun making up all the cables .Also made up all the back brake rod bits & bobs. Next on the ever shortening list is to mount up & finish off the seat. Heres a couple of pix:

Attachments

• lois latest progress.jpg
    lois latest progress.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 323

....damn.........

no really.

damn.

That is so very cool, no words.....

im with swagmaster on this one...

Absolute brilliance. This is what its all about man. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Many thanx for your positive comments guys :)
Since fitting the headlight into the fairing the other day ,have discovered that the speedo will no longer fit into the dash area :( so been making a mount for the Smiths chronometric instrument today. Started with an old scrap alloy car air filter induction & a lump of alloy plate & after several hours of hand cutting,filing,sanding,drilling & polishing came up with whats in the pix .....

Back
Top Bottom