Alright, heres what happened. I was a foolish teenager that didnt really know anything about bikes other than they had 2 wheels and an engine. For some, this seems to be enough to start on a a project and for a while i was one of those people. This all changed after disassembling the engine from my 1976 Kawasaki KZ750 which, i must say, was (and still is) in immaculate condition. After i split the cases, i was hit with a realization that i really didnt know anything about bikes. So much so, i threw out the kickstart spring guide thinking it was an electrical conduit connector (my first and hopefully my last stupid mistake). This led to reading everything i could find about the bike over the winter months so i could competently re-assemble this engine. Now that i have started the re-assembly process i am finding that it really is quite simple, but, i am very glad i took the time to read up on how this thing goes back together. Well, after reading that over again im not sure why im telling you all this but anyway, heres some pictures from last summer and some new ones.
Here shes sits after i bought her
You all know whats going on here
My very tight workspace (though i am very grateful for it, thanks dad!)
Just before i pulled the engine (I did this alone, i was 16 at the time, i absolutely destroyed my back. Please, do yourselves a favor and get help when you need it.)
There was some rusting in the cylinders, nothing major, just on the surface. Planning on honing them right after i get the bottom end back together. If there is any damage due to the rust, i have full access to a machine shop and i plan to bore it over to the next dimension up.
Now for some updated pictures
Dry fit of the cases, i had applied the gasket and planned on scrubbing them by hand but i then decided to further strip them down and soda blast them. Sorry for the crappy cell pics, ill get better ones when i start blasting.
And just one last one to show off what you can find in Toronto...