www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: The Poor Boy - A Tale Of A CB550- New Electrical  (Read 182805 times)

Offline sxecafe

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • You think the Carpet Pissers did this?
Re: The Poor Boy - A Tale Of A CB550
« Reply #40 on: Apr 27, 2010, 16:18:27 »
Thanks dudes!

I like the stem pressing idea, I'll prob try that and it not then I might machine the tube to accept the bearing.

If I push the stem, I just use the ball bearings that the original trees were mounted with on the 550, correct?

sXe

Offline m357.5

• TURBO KAWI
« Reply #41 on: Apr 27, 2010, 16:21:41 »
Our original plan was to swap the KZ stem into the CBR trees, but after measuring we would have to machine a spacer to press in first as the KZ stem had a much smaller diameter, was quicker to press out the CBR stem and machine it to accept the KZ upper bearing and press it back in. ( CBR stem is aluminum so it had a much larger diameter )

KZ's, GPz's N' ZX's

Offline verboten1

• Der konig
« Reply #42 on: Apr 27, 2010, 16:27:22 »
yes, once you get the 550 stem in the GL clamp, then you use the 550 bearings
1975 CB550F  Frankenbike, parting out
1982 XV920....longest owned, newest project
2000 KLR685...made it to the arctic ocean...
2001 Ninja 250...The wifes bike
2008 Ninja 250... Holy crap is this thing fun!

Offline sxecafe

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2010, 12:48:02 »
I did some work on my hoop last night when I got home from work.

The parts:

Set Up:

Tac Down:

Everyone likes a good grind pictures:

I still need to make a slug to fill the gap which should be easy cause I already have a part. I also need to shape a gusset for the gap.

Offline sxecafe

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2010, 18:44:42 »
So i have been spending alot of time getting the spare parts I am not going to need ready to be sold to make some extra scratch for the bike. I told myself that I'm not going to actually buy any more parts for the bike until I make money off all the old parts I have lying around.

In the mean time, I can polish and take a part stuff with out it costing me anything, right!? With that said: I remember taking apart wheels when I was in to BMX/Dirt Jumping. I had a cool nipple wrench and I want to make sure it would work on motorcycles too... so will it?

Offline sxecafe

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #46 on: Jun 01, 2010, 02:29:10 »
So it was my birthday this last week and as the weekend came to a close, I put the final touches on the gift from my gf and parents. Behold guys, Im finally a man:

Offline dakine_surf

• "Stay Thirsty my Friends"
« Reply #47 on: Jun 01, 2010, 14:35:32 »
Nice, I love new tools... I do have one word for ya.  that rear hoop looks like it will cause issues for you clearance wise.  when you go into a turn, the g-forces will load up on the springs and you will experience full articulation.  Form the looks of it that will cause tire rub, and is not fun when dragging a knee in a turn.  You might want to consider giving the hoop a little upwards bend or going with an inch or two longer rear shocks.
Well I tried but I can't run no more
Tell Katie it's her that I adore
And as long as I love her best
I'm that much further west

« Reply #48 on: Jun 01, 2010, 16:15:21 »
So it was my birthday this last week and as the weekend came to a close, I put the final touches on the gift from my gf and parents. Behold guys, Im finally a man:

Did you get those Northwest Pears for your B-Day as well?  They looked delicious and I hope you shared!!!
82 SUZUKI GS750T
65 HONDA S65

Offline sxecafe

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #49 on: Jun 01, 2010, 16:28:14 »
Nice, I love new tools... I do have one word for ya.  that rear hoop looks like it will cause issues for you clearance wise.  when you go into a turn, the g-forces will load up on the springs and you will experience full articulation.  Form the looks of it that will cause tire rub, and is not fun when dragging a knee in a turn.  You might want to consider giving the hoop a little upwards bend or going with an inch or two longer rear shocks.

Thanks for the thoughts man. The plan was to torch the hoop a bit once its done and bend it up not only for the clearance but for the stance/look also.

Did you get those Northwest Pears for your B-Day as well?  They looked delicious and I hope you shared!!!

HAHAHA I seriously was like " Is this guy on crack? WTF is he talking about" Then it hit me. That was a Costco box. Unfortunately, I have not had one of their pears in a long time but I should make it a point to get one soon!