My little guy

Staggerlee

Picked up a '70 CL175 back in February and with the exception of the 2 into 1 pipe that I need to finish up the exhaust, the project is just about wrapped up.

Here's what she looked like the day I dragged her home:
IMG_0019.jpg

I try and do everything myself if possible, even if I haven't a clue WTF I'm doing. To that end, I set about making a 'glass seat that I could hide the battery & stuff underneath:
IMG_4096.jpg

The first of many "milkshake" layers:
IMG_4104.jpg

What a pain in the ass. Now that I've done it, I'd probably find myself buying the next one from GFTP or something.

Much head-scratching went into setting up rearsets. This is the first of 3 configurations:
056.jpg

Spent a lot of time sourcing a shit-ton of NOS parts to rebuild with; wire harness, left & right controls, all new cables, etc etc etc.

And then I tore it all down and started over from scratch:
IMG_4176.jpg

The engine got a fresh top end rebuild with 4th oversize pistons, valve job & Pertronix electronic ignition:
ignitor.jpg

Fast forward to last week, when I was finally able to roll her out under her own power:
IMG_4264.jpg

Took some glamour shots with the new tank:
IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

Final rearset config:
IMG_4273.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

For a guy who says he doesn't know wtf he is doing, you could have fooled me. That is an awesome looking ride.

Very nice, love the red frame and custom seat! Job well done IMO.

Any future plans for it?

- boingk

did that pertronix fit under the stock points cover without having to hog anything out?

Frankenfab said:
glad to see you riding bro... 200 is just about done this weekend, we'll roll soon.

Shitchyea man, I'll roll by this weekend if yer gonna be working on it. I also need you to gin me up a new bill of sale; fucking DMV wants to ding me a penalty for waiting so long to transfer the title.

dcmspikes said:
did you end up rejetting for pods and open pipes? this thing gets me so excited to work on mine

Nah, I haven't had to mess with the jets yet, but I'm also not running open pipes anymore. I ended up welding on a couple of vw beetle tailpipes to quiet it down just a bit and stop getting nasty exhaust blown all over my pant leg. I'm still fine tuning it though, new jets may well be in the future.

Staggerlee said:
Shitchyea man, I'll roll by this weekend if yer gonna be working on it. I also need you to gin me up a new bill of sale; fucking DMV wants to ding me a penalty for waiting so long to transfer the title.

Soooo f'in hungover today... have to go to a wedding and then will be back tonight and tomorrow in the shop working on it. Shoot me a call.

That bike looks great. Is that ignition specific to your bike or would it work on a cb360 also?

hanly2 said:
Is that ignition specific to your bike or would it work on a cb360 also?

it's specific only in that the kit I bought includes a machined adapter to be able to mount the magnet wheel onto the cam snout (replaces the spark advancer).

The ignitor kit itself is pretty generic, the one I'm using was originally for an aircooled VW "009" distributor. I'm sure you could adapt it to anything with points.

Not sure though, how you'd go about it if you're replacing dual points, which I think is how the 360 is setup...

Staggerlee said:
it's specific only in that the kit I bought includes a machined adapter to be able to mount the magnet wheel onto the cam snout (replaces the spark advancer).

The ignitor kit itself is pretty generic, the one I'm using was originally for an aircooled VW "009" distributor. I'm sure you could adapt it to anything with points.

Not sure though, how you'd go about it if you're replacing dual points, which I think is how the 360 is setup...

nope, 360 is single points left side.

Back
Top Bottom