project murder sickle cb350 new pics of the tank

Screwed and Tattooed

Been Around the Block
started with basically a forgotten parts bike , stripped it down painted the frame motor cleaned and cleaned and cleanded , this is far as ive gotten so fat but im pretty happy with it so far , im not putting together a shiny show bike so it wont be perfect , i want a bike that looks as good dirty as it does clean
so anyhow heres some pics
cafe010.jpg

cafe029.jpg

cafe031.jpg

cafe032.jpg

Re: project murder sickle cb350

i must say that the red tank really pops on that nice fresh painted frame. nice pics and keep us posted. ;D

Echo that! The tank looks great with the black engine and frame.

Okay,I'll be redundant. I was thinking the same thing as I was looking through, Great looking tank!

i just wanted to say that after reading the title several times, i got it. murder sickle. like motorcycle. that's funny :D

well some updates , well theres not much to really update on other than i finally started to pull this thing out of the corner and finish it . goal is to be finished in the next 3 weeks . ordered a bunch of parts today and im going to be ordering more tommorrow . this is how it sits now , but the bars are going in favor of clip ons , cb500t tank and i think im going to go with a bigger seat . but i gotta alot of work to do still . its been almost a year since ive worked on this bike , normally i dont drag out a project this long but I got sidetracked , worked on my jeep ,bought a house , worked on said house ect.. things dont always work out in the planned time frame but now since thats all out of the way lets get started again ;D

IMG_0084.jpg

[
IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

heres a pic of the last cafe bike i did(sold btw)
cb500
770080-R1-00-24A_001.jpg

770080-R1-03-21A_004.jpg

Re: project murder sickle cb350 *UPDATED, its been almost a year*

you could get a longer seat and make it look more like a "standard" cafe bike....orrrrrrrrr you could get a longer tank and make up the proportional difference.

long/big tanks are raddddd
honda_cr_110.jpg

Motto_cb.jpg

xcaptainxbloodx said:
long/big tanks are raddddd
Yes, and make you slow.

Best regards
Sven

scm said:
Yes, and make you slow.

Best regards
Sven

lordy,
you can use it to hide the battery/electronics. its a cb350, high center of gravity isnt exactly a deal breaker and I doubt hes building this to be a racer.

all im saying is everyone builds bikes with roughly the same proportions and hes got a good seat to be used with a long tank, it would set it apart from the hundreds of other bikes that are around.

Nice work. Your "parts bike" had more parts than I started mine with. Lol.

well i decided to keep the seat and got a longer tank , it looks oh so good now , will get some pics when i get done welding the mounts up for the tank , i went with a mojave 360 tank it looks awesome with that seat

some crappy pics tank and seat are just sitting on bike , everything should be welded up this weekend , and if the parts i orderd come in then im going to be able to try to start it up for the first time , ill have better pics this weekend

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Does anyone know how to replace the face on a speedo and tack. PM me please oh and i have some airfilter covers for a cl350 for sale for super cheap if anyone is interested!

made some progress , basically im trying to get this thing together in rough form and ride it this summer get it running top notch then over next winter polish and powdercoat everything and make it look real spiffy
IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Tank looks fantastic. One of my favorites on a cafe. You might be able to get some coin out of the old tank?? Looked like it was in pretty good shape with the factory paint and all. This one looks so much better with that seat. Headlight seems a little high and sticking out. Maybe you could trim the mount down and use the middle hole?? Just a thought. I like the rearsets and the clipons too. Looks like you are ditching the controls and re-wiring?? You can cut down on about 5 miles of wires in an afternoon. I recommend ditching the factory harness and starting fresh. Its real simple. Anyhow, keep up the good work

screwed,

can i ask what clip ons you're leaning towards? after a lot of pondering, i'm leaning towards ttr's. Also, did you fab up the rear sets? looks really clean.

I'm looking fwd to following this thread.

actually there troybilts rearsets that he fabbed up . I went with roccity's clip ons , and they nice , much nicer than a ebay set I had a few years ago.

oh yeah I agree on the headlight as well troy , if cutting the ears back doesnt look right , im just going to make my own . yeah im going with a custom harness for the bike

Back
Top Bottom