www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Mr. E's CB750 (The Black and Tan) But wait, theres MORE! Barber preperations..  (Read 22410 times)

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Got to keep the loonies on the path...
Re: Mr. E's caffeinating of a CB750 (The Black and Tan)
« Reply #20 on: Aug 06, 2010, 13:28:39 »
Laid some Paint last week!  If anyone cares about the color used, it is "barley" from lowes paint area.  I took a sample to the local ppg paint store and they matched it with some one step paint.  so 80 bucks later, here we are. 

and here's the side covers

Now the original seat has bothered me for quite a while.  it was a re-cover someone did a long time ago and looked like it was wide enough for my mother in law to use.  so I started shaping it, and picked up a chunk of brown cowhide to get it redone in. 

And here's a rough mock up

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #21 on: Aug 24, 2010, 18:31:10 »
Yes, those are Roc City Clipons! Bought them almost a year ago, and they are the reason for this year long detour of restoration.  I was getting ready to install them, and noticed a lot of rust under the headlight ears, so I thought cleaning and painting the forks and triple tree would be a good idea.... then noticed a rust spot on the frame I didn't like....etc, here we are a year later! 

And here is a side shot.  The inspiration for the color actually came from the frothy head on a pint of Guinness one night.  So rather than take a fresh glass of stout into lowe's to match paint samples, I brought a stack of samples home to match with my pint  :)  Less explaining that way...   

Since these pics were taken, Ive been playing with getting the wiring harness back in, and playing with the for boots to make a system that will use my old ones but not require the gaudy oem fork ears.  So I took a rubber boot out of the old ones, stretched the boots around it, and will be topping it in black silicon as soon a s I find it in my shed of misfit toys. 

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
« Reply #22 on: Aug 24, 2010, 18:46:49 »
WOW....this thing is really looking great...this is going to be a good one for sure!

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #23 on: Sep 01, 2010, 18:19:55 »
Started Adding Wiring Harness bits the other night, and have been having a riot of a time remembering where everything went last year (that came apart SO easily.)  I think its working out ok, Got the headlight ears from dime city cycles (love the prices) as well as the brushed aluminum turn signals that will be added soon.  Adjusting the clipons has been an adventure, but I know they will be well worth it once finished. 

Got the chain in yesterday from Sprocket Center.  Went on a whim to see if the red on the chain matched the red on my wheels and shocks, looks like a win so far.

The chain isn't really mounted yet, as I forgot my dremel tool and can't trim the links until tomorrow night.  Really getting anxious to have this wanker back on the road now.  Rear wheel is ready to roll, and I am desperately seeking a WORKING front caliper and rotor to replace the one i removed from existence :P 

So there is a side shot of where it stands until tomorrow night.  Might be a week before I get to post more progress, as my piggy bank is empty, and is being used to keep some I O U's from falling of the dresser....

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #24 on: Sep 11, 2010, 22:05:47 »
So I got the chain mounted for real, and and the rear wheel put on.  Got the front on just for looks at the moment, still looking for a new rotor and caliper for the front end before I finalize it.  Carbs are on, and the seat should be coming back soon.

Offline Rocan

• "Long after I rest, my steel will live on"
« Reply #25 on: Sep 11, 2010, 23:12:06 »
ultimately fucking cool...

just fucking RAD. love it!
PJ- Cafe's don't really work right until you get rolling 70mph +

Honda CB350 Project- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=8643.0

Honda C100 Restoration- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=38653.0

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #26 on: Sep 14, 2010, 18:20:17 »
Thanks!  I'm wishing my wallet would permit me to have this rocket on the road now, but there's always something else to buy...  On that note, I've hit a roadblock.  I really need to find a new front caliper and rotor.  I destroyed my rotor, and the caliper is completely frozen and nothing I've done (even boiling) has helped free it.  So if anyone knows where/how much it'll cost me to get around that, I'd really appreciate it.  Till then, my seat should be in this thursday, so hopefully more updates will follow!

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #27 on: Sep 17, 2010, 14:04:28 »
Little more progress!  Got the badges mounted, rear fender mounted, and the front wheel mounted.  ebay brake rotor was the final hold-up there.  Also the oil tank, got the throttle line free, and the pegs, kickstart, and rear brake back on.  I'll probably take some stuff back off and paint it later, but for now I want it on the road.

Rear Fender.  This is the 77 goldwing fender that I chopped up.  I like how it's slightly ridged in the middle, little different than most I've seen.

These are the tank badges.  I used silly putty to fill in and mask between paintjobs,  Worked great, I could offer it as a sub-50$mod I guess, and the silly putty only costs a buck ;D

Here it is as together as it will be for now...  Stay tuned next week for the seat and front brake, and headlight finalization.

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
« Reply #28 on: Sep 17, 2010, 16:45:23 »
Man, this thing is looking so damn good!....those colors are perfect!

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #29 on: Sep 17, 2010, 18:30:31 »
looking great! that is a hell of a tank on that wing back there!
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more