www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Mr. E's CB750 (The Black and Tan) But wait, theres MORE! Barber preperations..  (Read 22037 times)

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Got to keep the loonies on the path...
Re: Mr. E's caffeinating of a CB750 (The Black and Tan)
« Reply #30 on: Sep 20, 2010, 13:18:50 »
looking great! that is a hell of a tank on that wing back there!

yeah, thats my dad's project.  a 78 wing chopper.  I think the tank is off a harley something, can't remember though.  I'm supposed to make a new triple tree for it if my work ever gets our cnc mill back up and running.  He's been tinkering off and on with the wing for a couple years now, as well as the old belvedere behind it. 

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: Mr. E's caffeinating of a CB750 (The Black and Tan)
« Reply #31 on: Sep 22, 2010, 13:31:59 »
Here's a slight detour:  I wanted to explain a little bit about painting the badges and how that turned out.  First I painted the set black in a couple coats, then tried to hand brush the red into the lettering... Fail.  I just couldn't get it to lay even.  So I used about a tablespoon of silly putty to mask around all the letters.  Took about 10 minutes.

Now they are both covered, see the crappy job of red I did the first time around.

Now they are Painted red, and ready to just pull the putty off, leaving a clean paint job, and then file the high edges to bring out and contrast the colors.

And now back on the tank!

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: Mr. E's caffeinating of a CB750 (The Black and Tan) 90% DONE!!
« Reply #32 on: Sep 27, 2010, 13:31:36 »
Exhaust is back on, so it's about 90% done!  Just need a new rectifier, fab some battery cables, put the headlight in, and choose a tail light.  I'm kinda thinking about a ford model a light, any suggestions?

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #33 on: Sep 27, 2010, 13:52:52 »
the puddy is a killer idea!!! i dig it! i personaly like new lights on bikes, i would go with something clean and LED
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline t71ford

« Reply #34 on: Sep 28, 2010, 00:48:05 »
I was thinkin the same thing, Joe! That putty is brilliant!
Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles….Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #35 on: Oct 21, 2010, 13:29:51 »
Got the seat back finally.  took a couple nights of vigorous riveting and the office re-runs to get it stretched over the foam, but I think its a winner.  Now I just need the tail light and fab some battery cables, and see if this beast has any life left in it before the mercury drops below my fun-zone...

Offline IndieSol

• "This one goes to eleven." -Nigel Tufnel
    • Project: Pariah
Your bike looks awesome.  I like the touches of red.
BMW R100
XT350
CJ360 Cafe Project

Project: Pariah

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
Thanks, I'm thinkin about getting some pod filters and painting the caps red on them as well.  I dunno, may be to much red then, but only one way to find out! 

Offline jordy_g_77

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
Finally got around to all the electrical debugging and had to clean the garbs again, but it roared to life last night! Sounded awesome, still on the stand for now, but ill take it out for a shakedown flight as soon as I get the tail light. The tail light im going with is the 40's chevron style from noschoolchoppers.com