www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: sh!tbox CM400 project. 4/30 ttfn  (Read 47800 times)

Offline MarcW

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • yo... ohio...
Re: CM400 Brat... Seat pan opinions... 9/11
« Reply #40 on: Sep 15, 2009, 09:11:01 »
MBS - It's not stainless, might still leave it though!!!

gribbs - Yeah, I'm planning on going full "normal" hardtail over the winter so I don't know if I'm going to cap it or not. It does look a lot better when capped, probably gonna stay with the factory tank for now. I love the 70's decal!! lol

I have all mids again this week at work, hopefully i'll be able to work on it sometime this week. I have a ton of taping and sanding to do too... bah... drywall...

Offline MBS-HondaGuy4Life

• Long live the 750!!
« Reply #41 on: Sep 15, 2009, 09:57:41 »
MBS - It's not stainless, might still leave it though!!!

gribbs - Yeah, I'm planning on going full "normal" hardtail over the winter so I don't know if I'm going to cap it or not. It does look a lot better when capped, probably gonna stay with the factory tank for now. I love the 70's decal!! lol

I have all mids again this week at work, hopefully i'll be able to work on it sometime this week. I have a ton of taping and sanding to do too... bah... drywall...

Make sure you clear coat it then - looks cool.

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #42 on: Sep 15, 2009, 10:59:15 »
 I really like the look of the seat and I even like the fact that it covers part of the frame.  Looks good. Did you get the springs yet? also, are you planning on triming the fender some? I'm thinking if you rounded the corners it would be just right. The length seems perfect. Cool light btw.

MBS, I love the Gilera. did you ever sell it? Would have bought it in a heart beat if I had the money.
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline MarcW

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • yo... ohio...
« Reply #43 on: Sep 15, 2009, 23:26:52 »
Still no springs.... I smell negtive feedback...

Offline goodfornothing

• Spicey!
« Reply #44 on: Sep 18, 2009, 23:48:12 »
Mark, you got me on the hunt for a cm400 now. The frame is perfect for a bob. When you put the cl350 shocks on it a while back, did that lower the rear end a bit?

If you cap off the ends of the frame and put some turn signals on there, it'd look sick. And btw, we need an update on this thing!
TABASCO! *Sold*
1974 Honda cb450: Clicky

Fighter Project *Sold*
1989 cbr600 Hurricane:
Clicky

Offline Blake

• the future is my friend
« Reply #45 on: Sep 19, 2009, 02:37:29 »
THose wiring pics are scary as hell. WHat brand/model tire is that back tire you're running? The whole bike looks great. I'm looking for some new tires for my project. It has pizza cutters at the moment.

Offline MarcW

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • yo... ohio...
« Reply #46 on: Sep 19, 2009, 13:48:23 »
Springs came in yesterday, they sent me 3" instead of 2"... I really don't like the look of it with the 3" springs. Ordered a smaller seat but I'm afraid it's still not gonna look right with the struts.. That's it for now!!

Rear tire is a 180 cheng shin btw

Offline MarcW

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • yo... ohio...
« Reply #47 on: Sep 19, 2009, 13:49:31 »
Oops, 120/80

Offline supercafe

« Reply #48 on: Sep 19, 2009, 16:50:05 »
how much were the 3 inch springs????
are you running straight pipes on it, what type of mufflers are you using????
i am deciding what to put on mine, don't know if its a good idea to run straights on it.
what to get the best for the bobber look and sound, any info or suggestions would be great..
can i see the springs on your seat???
i am also considering running a sprung seat, my frame is about the same, and the hard tail is done the same, would be great.
thanks
later.

Offline MarcW

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • yo... ohio...
« Reply #49 on: Sep 19, 2009, 17:12:17 »
I won the 3" springs off ebay for like $11 shipped, they must have measured them wrong.

I'm running straights into emgo shorty mufflers. It sounds ok. If you look at the cm400 bobbers (or any custom cm lol) on youtube most are running a similar setup.

I'll try and get a pic of the way it was set together for you tonight.