1973 cd175 cafe

supercafe

Coast to Coast
hey there,

i have decided to start a new thread on my bike, since it has been redone.
it is a 1973 cd175, with mild cafe upgrades.
i started with a stock bike, bought for 600$. i do have pics of it but they are stuck on my other camera. any way, i have some
pics of the new set up. let me tell you of some of the upgades that i have done..

first my motor blow a cam chain, so i bought a doner motor. re/re cam chain and cam chain tensioner rollers. while apart i cleaned cyl and installed new piston rings. re/re all gaskets and repainted my covers, instead of white it is all red. i repainted all covers/fenders etc. installed a new slopper tank. added clubman bars, new chain and sprokets. bobbed the frt fender and made a rear inner and out fender. cut out a spade in the rear.
after all of this i added new tires and tubes. relocated the rear light set up and plate. i used the origanal seat, but cut down the
foam and recovered it with new vynal.

i mocked up some exh set ups, but they interfered with my new rear sets, so i got new dunstall type pipes, and had to extened
the headers. they just need to be wrapped. i also installed new shoes around and painted up the hubs, then riged up some likages.
while it was apart i re/re the fork seals aswell...re/re the head light and rewired aswell. then added some cb 200 adj shocks.
i believe at this time the only thing i need is the crome side covers for my tank.

this bike is a blast, i have pinned the needle with it, i don't believe it is accurate though, 100 mpr.
i have taken it down the 401 hwy and was passing cars so i know it will do at least 115 or so kms.
it sounds awesome with the pipes and rides nice with the shocks and tires.
the thing corners extremly well and over all runs great...i am very very happy on how it has turned out..

so like i said i need two things exh wrapped and side tank covers and it is done....
so here are some pics, and hope you like them???????

DSC00445-1.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

these pics upper and lowwer are pics of the bike as it sits..
DSC00450.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

hey guys and gals,

my post went on when i was'nt done with it..
i was going to add that i am /have started a new project a cm200t bobber set up that it will post later. so this little guy might, i
say might be up for sale, just want to know what price that you think i could get for this bike??????
i am not sure if i am or not but lets see what i could get..
and thought i would post some pics before the second rebiuld,
bikepics2002.jpg

bikepics2001.jpg

bikepics2012.jpg

bikepics2013.jpg

just a few pics or before. not bad i think, but not as good as after....
any way, thanks
later..

Looks great!!!

Big improvement from theses changes. The seat and Tank really make the difference. Was it hard to fit a Tank like that on it, or is it a straight swap?

whats up magnang,

thanks, the tank fits right on. the only thing was i had to make a rear mount with basic heavy tin. where your seat sits in the
two fingers, theres two bolts, just put it there under the the seat mount.
was an easy install.

any way, thanks again.
later.

supercafe said:
whats up magnang,

thanks, the tank fits right on. the only thing was i had to make a rear mount with basic heavy tin. where your seat sits in the
two fingers, theres two bolts, just put it there under the the seat mount.
was an easy install.

any way, thanks again.
later.

Your exhaust looks great as well. I wish I had the skill to make that! I went back to the stock pegs in front.

Good job on the paint as well! I just bobbed my fender the same way a couple of weeks ago, I kept the brackets in chrome and it came out pretty well... I'll see if I can find a pic.

Used epoxy appliance paint and it does a good job

hey man,

ya would like to see a pic on that. how is the bike coming??????
i used single stage apoxy paint on the tanks fenders and sides. and used duplicolour high heat paint on the rest, even the frame.
the paint is holding pretty good, the apoxy paint held up with the fuel.
asfor the exh, i used the origanal header and got a pipe bent and flared to fit to match the header flange and to fit in the muffler.
clamped the muffler in place and added a hanger. then welded the flange to the pipe, and added some exh hanger clamps to
secure from vibration... really not hard at all...
any way, would like to see some pics of the bike....
later.

Back
Top Bottom