We noticed you are blocking ads. DO THE TON only works with community supporters. Most are active members of the site with small businesses. Please consider disabling your ad blocking tool and checking out the businesses that help keep our site up and free.
The bike handles and rides more like a modern bike with the new frame geometry and the modern suspension wheels, tires and brakes. I have pushed it a little bit and it feels really stable. I have kept an eye on frame although I over engineered it. The CNC parts add a lot of strength to the...
If you look at my build page you can see I made 2 aluminum manifolds also used cam tensioners from a newer virago for clearance still a pretty tight fit.
For my throttle cables I used the pull FCR cable from the throttle to the first carb and then used a cable from push side of the first carb to...
Good to see you back in action. Bike sounds great ! Finally finished my bike I used 2 FCR40's took me a while to get them right, still need some minor tweaking but good overall.
Great Work ! Look forward to seeing more from you !
Finally!! I have a completed and running bike. I still need to take care on some details like buffing the paint and really cleaning the bike up some more. The bike runs pretty well considering I took a wild guess at the jetting, need to spend a little time dialing it in. The exhaust note sounds...
OK finally getting the paint done finished the white base coat and the red next will be the black and some finishing touches. Also came up with a cool license plate mount off the rear shock reservoir. Should have it finished soon !
I used a couple of sprocket cut down to make my offset sprocket welded them together. I made an extension piece from a XS650 countershaft because it has the same spline as the XV, it slides into the XV countershaft and into the support bearing that fits in my cover.
I took the machined frame supports back to my machinist and had them anodized black. Then I had a design cut into the parts to give them more depth. I am finally on my way to getting this bike back together.
In the home stretch, finally starting to go back together. I had the frame powder coated a cool candy red . I also finished painting the motor and got it back together. Mounted the motor back into the frame. Getting close to the finish just need to take care of some details and paint