Black Knight..Brake upgrade

Luugo86

'73 CB350, '78 XS650 Cafe Killer
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

Man that is one good sounding bike... well done!
 

trek97

Well-Known Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

cookiemech said:
Great to see it running and being ridden! Sounds and looks good.
Luugo86 said:
Man that is one good sounding bike... well done!
Thanks so much guys.

This mornings weather is cold...But no snow/rain yet.

I put the GoPro on to charge. So hopefully one more ride coming soon.
 

whynot

~~~If it ain't raining, I'm riding~~{iii}?~~prost~
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

wow....all I can say.....wow.

You got game, man. Wish I had your enthusiasm.
 

Maritime

Well-Known Member
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

Just played the video and holly woke up and looked at th phone then smiled. 4 days old and alreadt likes the sound of a 400f! Snapped a pic but missed the smile.

 

trek97

Well-Known Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

Maritime said:
Just played the video and holly woke up and looked at th phone then smiled. 4 days old and alreadt likes the sound of a 400f! Snapped a pic but missed the smile.

Haha Sorry bout the wake up call, bro. ::)

Now that she's "Imprinted" on the sound of the 400F. Nothing less is ever gonna do for her. ;)

You and Levi both made cute babies.

The forum is a funny place...I had no idea "Maritime" was YOU!
 

trek97

Well-Known Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

WhyNot said:
wow....all I can say.....wow.

You got game, man. Wish I had your enthusiasm.
Haha Thanks dude. Not so much enthusiasm, as it is motivation to get a ride before the "SNOW HITS THE FAN"
 

trek97

Well-Known Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

After working as fast as I could to get yesterdays ride in before the sun set.

This morning I discovered a motor mount nut MIA.

After further investigtion, I forgot to tighten ALL the motor mounts. LOLOL

 

Maritime

Well-Known Member
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

Thanks. She needed to be awake for a feeding anyway. I will now have to find a 400F for her sweet 16 present. Those lose bolts could have been interesting. We all do those things in the excitement of the first fire and ride
 

trek97

Well-Known Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

Maritime said:
I will now have to find a 400F for her sweet 16 present.
Ill prolly have one for sale in about 15 years. ;)

And by then it will be WAY nicer.
 

trek97

Well-Known Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

Hey guys how long / how many miles is a good rule of thumb before re-torquing the head on this thing?
 

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

A good heat cycle or two is what I usually go with. 20 miles for the first time and maybe check again after 100?
 

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

I never retorque the heads, never had a head gasket leak after rebuild. /shrug

Edit: I do on 2 strokes, because they're right there.
 

trek97

Well-Known Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video

Sonreir said:
A good heat cycle or two is what I usually go with. 20 miles for the first time and maybe check again after 100?
advCo said:
I never retorque the heads, never had a head gasket leak after rebuild. /shrug
I think I will, but wait till springtime, til then any rides will probably be minimal. I will be there re-setting valves regardless. A good time to do it all at once.

Something I have been happy about.

This engine seems to be very “forgiving” as compared to messing w the 360 all those years.

Valves are easy to reach and took maybe 10 minutes total.

I haven’t made any changes or adjustments to carbs, other than cleaning and new rubber and whatnot.

It’s running surprisingly nice with the quick static time set. I haven’t put the strobe on it yet.

Adjusting the clutch is virtually nothing.

As of now I have no complaints with anything. It seems just a nice setup.
 

3DogNate

"You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda"
Re: Black Knight...First ride video

trek97 said:
I think I will, but wait till springtime, til then any rides will probably be minimal. I will be there re-setting valves regardless. A good time to do it all at once.

Something I have been happy about.

This engine seems to be very “forgiving” as compared to messing w the 360 all those years.

Valves are easy to reach and took maybe 10 minutes total.

I haven’t made any changes or adjustments to carbs, other than cleaning and new rubber and whatnot.

It’s running surprisingly nice with the quick static time set. I haven’t put the strobe on it yet.

Adjusting the clutch is virtually nothing.

As of now I have no complaints with anything. It seems just a nice setup.
THat's awesome that it's running well. True that 360s are fussy assholes for bikes. I'll never touch another...
 

trek97

Well-Known Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight...First ride video

3DogNate said:
THat's awesome that it's running well. True that 360s are fussy assholes for bikes. I'll never touch another...
Thanks bud, yeah running amazing considering virtually nothing has been tuned yet.

Taking a break now, cleaning, re-organizing so I can get the tractor w snowplow in here for the winter. UGH

Also got the new stove piped up and warming garage nicely. :)



 

3DogNate

"You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda"
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

Nice. My garage is one cold bitch in the winter.

This forum needs a software upgrade so that we can get “Like” buttons.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

ridesolo

You only bear responsibility for your own actions
Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

I set up one just like that last winter. It does a really nice job but you have to make sure you crack a window or door open or the fumes will get to ya. When I did my shop building I insulated the walls and roof but it isn't insulated under the floor; sure wish I'd have had some way to get that done while I was having it built.
 
Top Bottom