First motorcycle, first question.

tapauly

New Member
Hello everyone!

I recently purchased my first motorcycle, a 1973 CL350K5. The only current issue with its fuctionality is a stripped or loose shift lever/shift shaft connection (from what I can tell - I am a beginner). I looked at how to get the shift lever/pedal off, and I simply cannot figure it out. How am I supposed to go about doing this?

Sorry for such a newbie question. Hopefully later questions won't be as embarrassing...
 
Hey,

Im new enough here too but think ive an idea. The lever should sit onto the shaft by way of teeth. If the teeth are worn the shaft wont be secure. Also the lever will only slide off along those teeth.

Si
 
Is the 10mm bolt you're referring to the one that tightens the spline on the lever? Because that is completely out, and it doesn't want to slide off still... :-\
 
Since the bolt is out, the only thing holding it on still is some corrosion and static friction. If you're not comfortable just ripping it off with a screwdriver or lever, which I can sympathize with, use some PB or DuPont Silicon spray and let it sit and soak in for five minutes before going at it with the claw end of a hammer gently but firmly. Like you're trying to lift a 200-pound baby.
 
Yup... Don't over think it and let something like that kick your but. Itll come off. worse case you can do here is scratch you cover.
 
Put a 12mm wrench behind it and pry it.

And yeah, a flat head screw driver or a chisel and some light taps from a hammer will help separate
it.
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom