FZR600 4 pot Calipers on an XS

sschering

New Member
If anyone has put FZR Calipers on an XS or other Yamaha I'd like to see pics of your mounting brackets..

Also any recomendation of rotors that will fit the stock 77 XS-400 wheels (same rotor as the XS-650)
 
sschering said:
If anyone has put FZR Calipers on an XS or other Yamaha I'd like to see pics of your mounting brackets..

Also any recomendation of rotors that will fit the stock 77 XS-400 wheels (same rotor as the XS-650)

OK I've found my own info and wanted to share..

Caliper mounting
It's in Japanese but you get the idea
http://srx6blk.hp.infoseek.co.jp/SR/SR-DiskBrake.htm

Brackets for 4 piston calipers and 320mm rotors
340FrontWholeGray.jpg

340FourCalipers04.jpg


Rotors.. Anything with a 80mm 6 bolt circle will fit the XS-400 and XS-650 wheels..
FZR1000 and Most Ducatis will work and are easy to find on Ebay..
Ebay searches for "Ducati Monster rotor" turn up some nice Brembo units.

List of Bikes with 320mm rotors and 80mm 6 bolt circle

APRILIA AF 1 FUTURA 125 1990-1992
APRILIA RS 125 2006-2008
APRILIA RS EXTREMA REPLICA 125 1993-2005
APRILIA PEGASO FACTORY 660 2005-2007
APRILIA PEGASO STRADA 660 2005-2007
APRILIA PEGASO TRAIL 660 2005-2007
APRILIA SHIVER 750 2007-2008
APRILIA MANA 850 2007-2008
APRILIA RSV - SP 1000 1998-2000
APRILIA RSV - SP 1000 2001-2004
APRILIA RSV R 1000 1998-2000
APRILIA RSV R 1000 2001-2004
APRILIA RSV R FACTORY 1000 2004-2008
APRILIA SL FALCO / R 1000 2000-2004
APRILIA TUONO R 1000 2006-2007
APRILIA TUONO R FACTORY 1000 2006-2008
BENELLI TORNADO LE 900 2002-2003
BENELLI TORNADO RS 900 2004-2005
BENELLI TORNADO TRE 900 2003
BENELLI TNT CAFE' RACER 1130 2006-2008
BENELLI TNT SPORT 1130 2006
BENELLI TNT TITANIUM 1130 2005-2006
BENELLI TORNADO TRE 1130 2007-2008
BIMOTA V-DUE 500 1997>
BIMOTA YB9 SRI 600 1996-1999
BIMOTA SUPERMONO 650 1995-1996
BIMOTA SUPERMONO BIPOSTO 650 1996-1997
BIMOTA DB 2 SR EDIZIONE FINALE 900 1997-1998
BIMOTA MANTRA DB3 900 1995-1998
BIMOTA DB 4 904 1998-1999
BIMOTA DB4 I.E. 904 2000>
BIMOTA SB 8 K 1000 2000-2004
BIMOTA SB 8 K 1000 2005>
BIMOTA SB 8 R 1000 1997-1999
CAGIVA MITO EURO 2 125 2004-2006
CAGIVA MITO EV 125 1994-1999
CAGIVA MITO EV 6 speed 125 1999-2000
CAGIVA N1 PLANET 125 1998-2003
CAGIVA RAPTOR 125 2004
CAGIVA SUPERCITY 125 1997-1999
CAGIVA RIVER 500 1995-1998
CAGIVA RIVER 500 1999
DUCATI MONSTER 400 2005-2008
DUCATI MONSTER 600 1993-1999
DUCATI MONSTER 600 2000-2001
DUCATI SUPERSPORT 600 1994-2001
DUCATI MONSTER 620 2002-2005
DUCATI MONSTER DARK 620 2005
DUCATI SPORT 620 2003
DUCATI MONSTER 695 2007
DUCATI 748 748 1999-2002
DUCATI MONSTER 750 1996-2002
DUCATI SPORT 750 1974-1976
DUCATI SUPERSPORT 750 1999-2002
DUCATI SPORT 800 2003
DUCATI SUPERSPORT 800 2003-2004
DUCATI SUPERSPORT 800 2005-2007
DUCATI 851 BIPOSTO 851 1991-1992
DUCATI SPORT 851 1990
DUCATI 888 888 1993-1995
DUCATI MH EVOLUZIONE 900 2001-2002
DUCATI MONSTER 900 1993-1999
DUCATI MONSTER 900 2000-2002
DUCATI SUPERSPORT 900 1992-1997
DUCATI SUPERSPORT 900 1998-2002
DUCATI 916 BIPOSTO / STRADA / SP / SENNA 916 1994-1998
DUCATI 916 SPS 916 1997
DUCATI 996 996 1999-2001
DUCATI 998 998 2002-2003
DUCATI SPORT CLASSIC PAUL SMART 1000 2006
DUCATI ST3 1000 2005-2007
DUCATI SUPERSPORT 1000 2003-2006
GILERA GFR 125 1993-1994
KTM SUPERDUKE 990 2005
LAVERDA GHOST 650 1996-1997
LAVERDA GHOST 650 1998>
LAVERDA SPORT 650 1995-1997
LAVERDA SPORT 650 1998-2002
LAVERDA STRIKE 750 1998-1999
MOTO GUZZI BREVA 750 2004-2005
MOTO GUZZI NEVADA CLASSIC 750 2002-2005
MOTO GUZZI DAYTONA 1000 1991-1994
MOTO GUZZI DAYTONA RACING 1000 1996>
MOTO GUZZI BREVA 1100 2005-2006
MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA EV SPECIAL 1100 1997-1998
MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA EV SPECIAL 1100 1999-2000
MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA EV TOURING 1100 2003-2005
MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA JACKAL 1100 2000>
MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA STONE 1100 2002-2005
MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA TITANIUM 1100 2003-2005
MOTO GUZZI GRISO 1100 2006
MOTO GUZZI SPORT 1100 1996-1999
MOTO GUZZI V10 CENTAURO / GT 1100 1997-1999
MOTO GUZZI V11 CAFE' SPORT BALLABIO 1100 2003-2005
MOTO GUZZI V11 COPPA ITALIA 1100 2003-2004
MOTO GUZZI V11 COPPA ITALIA 1100 2005
MOTO GUZZI V11 LE MANS SPORT-NAKED 1100 2002-2005
MOTO GUZZI V11 LE MANS-NAKED 1100 2001-2002
MOTO GUZZI V11 SPORT 1100 1999-2000
MOTO GUZZI V11 SPORT 1100 2001
MOTO MORINI 9 1/2 1200 2007
MOTO MORINI CORSARO 1200 2006-2007
YAMAHA DTR 125 1989-1991
YAMAHA TZR 125 1999>
YAMAHA TZR R 125 1992-1998
YAMAHA FZX-ZEAL 250 1993>
YAMAHA TDR 250 1987-1992
YAMAHA TZ GP 250 1996-1997
YAMAHA TZR 250 1989-1992
YAMAHA SRX 400 1991-1995
YAMAHA SRX 400 1996>
YAMAHA SZR 660 1996>
YAMAHA FZR 1000 1989-1991
YAMAHA FZR 1000 1992-1993
YAMAHA FZR GENESIS 1000 1987-1989
YAMAHA XJR 1200 1995>
YAMAHA XJR 1300 1998

I'm looking for a list of 298mm rotors.. (stock XS-650 diameter) and 267mm rear rotors (XS-400 front and rear, same bolt circle front and rear on all XS models)
 
It's a nice kit but pretty much just FZR600 298mm floating rotors using the stock single piston slider calipers spaced in to fit the smaller offset on the FZR rotors..

My XS-400 also makes the Mikes XS 650 kit less practical.
the XS-400 has 268mm stock rotors so even a 298mm rotor will require moving the calipers
It's a single disk bike so I still have to go get a left side caliper and dual disk master
Since I already have to make brackets, buy calipers, master and rotors going all the way to 320mm is no extra work or much extra $$
 
the XS-400 has 268mm stock rotors Look for xs750/850 rotors they are the same size. Has your bike 35 or 36mm forks ? The early xs750 had 35mm forks. The calipers are probably the same too. I used a master cylinder from a 2003 FJR with adjustable lever and it works a treat. I have a pair of 36mm forks from a 77 2D xs750 with progressive springs and a 19" front wheel which will accept twin rotors. If you are interested let me know, Doug
 
It's got 33mm forks and an 18" wheel on the XS-400. In 77 it had lugs to mount dual calipers so I'm set there.
The stock wheel is setup for dual rotors.. I just have to knock the dust cover off.
I already picked up a pair of FZR 4 piston calipers and an FZR master with adjustable lever..
I'm just down to getting rotors and making mounting brackets.

I also picked up a FZR 600 rear brake setup including rearset but found out I should have gotten a FZR1000 rear brake..
Everything is the same but the caliper bracket on the FZR600 is for a 214mm rotor.. the 1000 used a 268mm rear rotor like my XS-400 has.
So now I'm waiting on a FZR 1000 bracket to show up..

I know the stock dual caliper setup with the single piston sliding calipers will work but I figured if I was going to buy parts why not get better ones for the same $$.
 
Back
Top Bottom