Rear-sets, linkages, levers, and arms source!

03rangerxlt

Been Around the Block
I am going to be using the Loaded Gun rear-sets on my 1972 CB500, with the linkage kit purchased from Dime City. I've been looking at how to do the shift and brake arms on these, and its been making me scratch my head! I just don't have the tools to fabricate the parts I need. So I poked around a bit on the interwebs, and found a place in my state, Georgia, that sells the Tarozzi rear-set kits AND all of the individual parts seperatley! Now, granted, this is the easy way out. I'm just a bolt-on buyer here at this point I guess. But, hell, its going to work (hopefully), and it is relatively affordable.

http://www.fastfromthepast.com/servlet/StoreFront

I found the rear-sets for my model bike, looked at their schematic drawing, then shopped the rear-sets parts (or just search for the part numbers) to assemble just the pieces I needed.
 
Yep, Jim Henshaw is a pretty agreeable dude. I ordered stuff from him a couple of years ago and may just buy a universal rear set for my KZ400 project. I have learned some hard and expensive lessons from building my own rear sets (dohc cb750 project). I considered having my rear sets built for sale to the public, in order to recoup the costs of designing and building those damned things! Ha!
 
You know, as much as I stared at them, I just couldn't figure out how I was going to make it work and connect all together. I would have probably ended up sibking a bunch of cash into the rearsets trying to figure it out. I'm glad it worked out how it did though, however. The loaded gun rearsets mounted to the passenger footpeg location on my cb500 sit a couple inches further back than a complete Tarozzi setup. It works perfectly for me with the seating position behind my long benji's tank. Plus, fast from the past is in Georgia, so I got to keep some business a little local.
 
03rangerxlt said:
I am going to be using the Loaded Gun rear-sets on my 1972 CB500, with the linkage kit purchased from Dime City. I've been looking at how to do the shift and brake arms on these, and its been making me scratch my head! I just don't have the tools to fabricate the parts I need. So I poked around a bit on the interwebs, and found a place in my state, Georgia, that sells the Tarozzi rear-set kits AND all of the individual parts seperatley! Now, granted, this is the easy way out. I'm just a bolt-on buyer here at this point I guess. But, hell, its going to work (hopefully), and it is relatively affordable.

http://www.fastfromthepast.com/servlet/StoreFront

I found the rear-sets for my model bike, looked at their schematic drawing, then shopped the rear-sets parts (or just search for the part numbers) to assemble just the pieces I needed.

THOSE ARE BADA&& LOOKING
 
Hiu there,
I'm working away on a ship and want to do the same as you have done to your bike. Would you be able to tell me the parts required from fastfromthepast please, so that I can order them and have them delivered before I get home, rather than figuring it out , then ordering them.
Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom