Shorter Kickstand

Crash

Crashing is a way of life
OK, I lowered the bike 2 inches all the way around, and it looks great (Yea I know, PICS). Problem is that the stock kickstand is now too tall and puts the bike almost straight up. Any ideas how to remedy this without cutting and rewelding?
 
Only thought I have is take the stock stand to a salvage yard and see if you can find something similar but shorter.
 
Cutting and welding is probably your best option unless you can find something shorter that will fit. How about removing the stand and bending it near the pivot outwards to create more angle?
 
DrJ said:
Cutting and welding is probably your best option unless you can find something shorter that will fit. How about removing the stand and bending it near the pivot outwards to create more angle?

That was my thought, but I wanted to se what others have done before I bent it up.
 
I went looking for a shorter stand today at the junkyard. Couldnt find anything that would be easy to rig up.

Heres how she stands now.
 
Not bad. Another simpler option would be to increase the angle of the stand a bit. Would make it stick out a bit more when up, but you wouldn't have to bend it out much at all to result in a pretty big difference in lean.
 
Back
Top Bottom