Single carb to dual carb. What's needed?

Crash

Crashing is a way of life
Ok. I found this on a Honda Rebel site and all it had was these pics. It seems like a cool idea.

What I am wanting to do is go from my stock single 26mm carb to a dual 26 to 30mm carb setup. I think I can use the inlets from a cb350t and mount the carbs, or make something up as in the pictures. My questions are, how do I get both carbs to open and close at the same time? If I buy aftermarket Mikuni carbs, how to I get the chokes to sync up.

I could possibly go with a set of stock carbs from a cb350t, but without seeing them or any type of measurements, I don't know.

Help!
 
To run two carbs, you'd want a 1 into 2 throttle cable or a dual throttle cable setup - many aftermarket throttle assemblies run two cables.

For choke, not sure why you'd need them linked together. You shouldn't be running choke so much that having them connected would be an issue.
 
I'm actually hoping someone would come up with something like they have for the brit twins to convert dual carb set up to single...having two carbs sucks, especially when theiy're the shitty stock CV carbs....I eventually went with twin dellortos on my xs
 
Back
Top Bottom