OH SHIT!!.. The new locO Triumph 650!!... DAMN...

troybilt said:
Don't know how much of the finish you have planned already but i think using a little bass would send it over the top. Get your ride height then send the spring to Joe to do it in the trans gold. Then use brass washers throught the fork. Do an old school gas gauge brazed in the side of tank then clear coat with the tank pads. Use brass washers under stainless bolts throught the bike and maybe a few brass bits here and there. Hell you could even tape off the wheels and spokes and paint your nipples brass. Just use restraint on the brass throught. I think chrome, black, and brass would look sick. Maybe do a little black pin stripping outlined in brass on the tins done real small so it doesn't over power. Just real tiny. Yeah bro the three colors of chrome, black, and brass would be bad ass. I'm so jealous!

Troybilt, that would be a killer machine! I think it's a little too "blingy" for Noel though!! ;)

Other than the odd chrome tank, he's been a "rattle can black" kinda guy. I don't see that changin' too soon! :D

(wait for it... wait for it... he'll be along in a second! :D )

Hahaha, I hear ya bud. Even so just throwing the brass on that thing here and there would look cool. Just leave everything unpolished. I love patina. ;D

does anyone know wehre i can find those reverse levers? i am doing a jockey and want that style of clutch not foot clutch on my CB350

When I saw the cost of those levers on this site:
http://www.maundspeed.com/chopper_parts.html

I just about puked in my mouth and sharted... :eek:

ya that other site has them for $25 bucks... that is not too bad when i only need one... but that may be cool to rock the lever grip on the bar like that as well... we will see... i am a big fan of buying cheap, then making it custom

JRK5892 said:
ya that other site has them for $25 bucks... that is not too bad when i only need one... but that may be cool to rock the lever grip on the bar like that as well... we will see... i am a big fan of buying cheap, then making it custom

+1...
Im just not sure how you'd adjust the clutch at the lever with that one... ???

funny you say that! i was just googling that to see! i am thinking that i would have to make a screw pin or something... i have no idea... maybe use a diff style clutch cable that has the adjustment in the cable like the harleys run... that may help. I also need to shorten the thow of the lever so that it is just a short pull so the adjustment is big time important! i am going to get rolling on it in Nov. when i do figure it out I will let you know... i am stoked to build a bob!

JRK5892 said:

From what I have read, the levers on the Chang Jiang ones are made out of crappy pot metal. So what you may want to do is fab up your own levers while using the rest of the mechanicals.

Or you could try bicycle brake levers although I wouldn't trust them for a motorcycle brake. Using one for a clutch lever should be okay.

c66d8d0328971b0f6e82d81d29f1b29b.jpg

http://store.canecreek.com/products/productdetail/200TT+Lever+%28Pair%29+-+Black/part_number=BL2000K/1739.0.1.1.56300.56301.0.0.0?

Not much progress on the build as I'm waiting for the ARD MAgneto coil to arrive.
I mounted the Mity Max battery eliminator to the bike...

We did make and put on the Jockey Shifter...(Big Thanks to lilBeast.)

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

It was made from a zinc plated steel rod, a Tractor shifter knob and the original shifter...

hey i am not sure if you where going to do a foot cluch but it looks liek you have to with the thickness of that shifter... if you want i have a goooooooood how to on how to make your shifter into a foot clutch if you wnat it

JRK5892 said:
hey i am not sure if you where going to do a foot cluch but it looks liek you have to with the thickness of that shifter... if you want i have a goooooooood how to on how to make your shifter into a foot clutch if you wnat it

just wondering.. why would I need a foot clutch becuase of the thickness of the shifter?
It shifts just fine with the lever on the handlebar...

forcefanajd said:
i think he thinks you were planning on mounting your clutch lever to the shifter arm

ahhhh.. Ok.. now that makes sense...
Naw.. I think I'll just leave it on the handle bar... ;D

i think the foot clutch would be sick on that thing. itd clean up your bars a bit too since youd have one less cable and lever....

Back
Top Bottom