1972 CB350 / First bike&build

Re: 1972 CB350 Brat Build - Check out the paint!

Better pictures and sunlight pictures tomorrow. Just use a measuring tape to make it even with the other side and across the bottom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 256

What charging voltage should I be seeing at idle & rpm with headlight off and on? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.8 KB · Views: 267

At idle you will only get battery voltage. ith headlight on it will probably be falling. Battery doesn't 'break even' until around 2,000rpm and will show charge after that

Hey all, got my new headlight on today and took it for my first ever ride on the road. Wobbles a little bit at around 50-60. Also, not sure if I'm charging well enough. Seeing about 12.5-12.7 at idle and it maintains it, headlight on or off, at 3000-5000 rpm it climbs to about 13.10 but that's about it. With or without headlight on high. Shouldn't I be seeing about 13.7-14ish? Any ideas? Thanks. Replaced my r/r with a unit from sparckmoto.

Make sure all the grounds are good. If you have paint under them, use some 'star washers as it will 'cut through' to bare metal
Run a ground from engine to frame

Got the engine painted. Not as nice as the tank, but I think it came out pretty well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 242
Been a little while, forgot to update haha. Got the rear loop welded on, ground down, took the tabs off, made seat pan and battery box, adjusted the valves, rebuilt the starter clutch. I do have this right, right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 228
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    908.1 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 228
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 223

adam704 said:
Hey all, got my new headlight on today and took it for my first ever ride on the road. Wobbles a little bit at around 50-60.

Only just noticed this bit.
'Told ya so' about the oversize tyre.
No fork brace also makes things worse.
Balancing both wheels may help

....and the rear tire slams into the seat base ...overall a classic example of how to tick FAIL boxes ie ;-( turn it into an ill mannered peace of shit :)

crazypj said:
Only just noticed this bit.
'Told ya so' about the oversize tyre.
No fork brace also makes things worse.
Balancing both wheels may help

The tires were on it when I bought it, just haven't replaced them yet and haven't put the front fender I ordered on yet. Also, according to the measurements I made before I cut and welded the hoop, I should have plenty of clearance. Will update with pictures after I get it put back together.

Got the seat back from the upholsterer today, sits better than the original! I'm highly satisfied.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 234
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 243
Not done, but got it into riding condition so I can have a blast for a while. I have new handlebars, new grips, new posh miniswitches, and I need to paint the fork covers and fashion up a hugger for the rear. Not idling too well either, seems to die even at 1200-1600 rpm. Otherwise drives great, just doesn't wanna idle well or sit at stop lights. Any ideas? If It does sit and idle like that when its at a low rpm, as soon as you turn throttle it dies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg