Zuk GS450E Cafe

trackfiend

Finally picked up a bike for my cafe project! Anyway I know it's going to take a while, but hopefully it will look as sweet as the bikes on here. Here are a couple pics I took after unloading it tonight. She's an 81 GS 450.
P7263631.jpg

P7263636.jpg

P7263638.jpg

P7263639.jpg

Re: Picked up my project today

Nice score. I'm really liking the shape of that tank. Whats your overall plan for it?

+1 on the tank! Great lines man. The wheels will have to grow on my but DAMN nice score... congrats!

Love that tank. It's a gsx250, the same as what i've got sitting on my SR, but the colours on yours are 100% better.

Staffy said:
Love that tank. It's a gsx250, the same as what i've got sitting on my SR, but the colours on yours are 100% better.

The 450's had the same tank, too.

Well there ya go, learn something every day :D

I love those wheels!!! I second the tank too.

Thanks guys for the comments. I actually got two of the 450 tanks with the bike when I bought it. It already has new clubman bars & pod filters for the carbs. Trying to decide on which tail to use on it, kind of leaning toward the more rounded tail instead of a Dunstall type. As far as the wheels go I'm still undecided on keeping them or trying to find spoke wheels that will fit it. This is my first bike build so I plan on taking my time, also plan to build as many of the parts for it as I can. Really interested in replacing the gauges with an Acewell gauge, anyone have personal experience with those?

Plenty of people seem to be using the acewells with happy results bud.

Well I've been out messing around in the garage with the tail and seat for the bike. I think I may end up going with a RocCity seat though. The foam didn't like the bondo all that well while I was working on smoothing it for a plug to make the mold from. Anyhow here are a couple pics for the hell of it.

P8043664.jpg

P8043662.jpg

P8053667.jpg

P8053666.jpg

Re: Picked up my project today Update

Well finally made some more progress. Spent a productive evening in the garage and now I'm ready to prep the frame for paint.

P8233689.jpg

P8233690.jpg

P9143694.jpg

P9143692.jpg

P9143695.jpg

P9153707.jpg

P9153700.jpg

That’s funny; my first thought was nice tank. I guess we all get an eye for these things. Good tank, clubman’s, pod air filters and is that a performance exhaust? Looks like it’s all there, just needs some detail work. It already looks like a café racer! ;D

All the right basic parts are there, now I'm tearing into it to straighten everything and make it respectable. Hopefully as nice as the bikes that I've seen here.

You are on to something really cool. Great lines and should be a hoot to ride. Enjoy the journey!!
Kev

Update:

Built and welded in the tray for the electronics to reside under the seat.

P9233728.jpg

Testing structural integrity ;D

IMAG0658.jpg

Keep the wheels! Those mags are the hotness man. I'd blast 'em and paint 'em and leave 'em alone. Spokes look good but are a pain in the ass to maintain.

How did i miss this?

Great bike - but that motor weighs a ton for a 450, doesnt it?

Back
Top Bottom