1973 XL175 Vitamin C Hell Ride

Re: 1973 XL175 Orange Soda Hell Ride

budlite282 said:
Eric, where is this local Finishmaster located?

I just may do this even though I've bought a spray gun set, and paint already.

Thanks in advance bro.

Jack
It's downtown on Reynolds St. about a block before the bridge to N Augusta. I have the equipment too, minus the paint booth. I hope this will be just as good for the bikes, but without all of the prep and cleanup. I've always rattle can painted my bikes. Patience and wet sanding between layers has always produced good results, even with engine coatings.

They're reluctant to tell people they can do it, because they get a lot of dipshits that get the cans to spray the hood of their car. Then they come back complaining about the match. It's not cheap either- $20 a can. I was going to go with a Duplicolor spray or similar, then 2k clear over that. That's why I went down there- to get the 2K clear. But all of the chain car parts stores have gone to the small Perfect Match cans and none of them ever have an orange. Now, I have the orange I wanted and in a can.

For a bike these cans spray pretty decent... Not a spray gun but good. Now if you did a hood you'd better be on your game

This is exactly what I will be doing when I build the Magna for my boss. I can borrow a gun and compressor etc but to paint bike parts I find Rattle cans with the real paint are so much easier, they are more expensive than a quart, but worth it in my mind for the ease of use and no cleanup of guns etc. If I was painting a car or something more than a tank and fenders I would go the gun route.

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I laid down color and clear. I ended up burning through three cans of base and one can of clear. This weekend I'll wet sand with 2000 grit and buff.

310ca7854514a821ff902e186a8e0c24.jpg

good job eric amazing work

even though i was a big fan of the fresh hammered out mad max kind of look!! sniff!!!

oh well mopar orange is better than mopar purple

Working on the numbers... Where you see grey may become silver leaf. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go hand paint or decal.

Attachments

• XL_numberplate_upload.jpg
    XL_numberplate_upload.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 226

The artist in me just can't do the vinyl. I like to paint, so I went with hand lettering. Besides, the only way to get good is to do it. Here's my first piece- not perfect, but not bad...

ed7830adac1ffa26296e39a3a2ccb4ab.jpg

looks grate
vynil sucks, fuck vynil it is part of the problem with this country

Back
Top Bottom