'86 Interceptor 2 smoke project

Is there another exhaust in the works to "straighten" things out?

I would love something like that. I have a feeling it will have to wait though. People aren`t just giving away exhaust systems these days :eek:

someone here recently built a yamaha black one with similar inspiration and had the left pipe but was unable to fit it for the chain etc... bet that would be available.

I have a set of DG RD350 chambers. I used the right one on my Blaster bike,I have the left hand(brand new) hanging in the basement. Believe me,I wanted to bring this up weeks ago! I can run left or right side as both fit.

Left pipe.

Attachments

• 20150912_200151.jpg
    20150912_200151.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 209
  • 20150912_200138.jpg
    20150912_200138.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 219
Looks like we have a solution. Cut the first and third welds from the flange remove the hanger and it should rotate right up to the right side... the hangar will be moved anyway and the badge looks riveted... sweet pipe for this :eek:

Black and Honda red hurricane paint scheme hehe

I know little about 2 stroke exhaust systems, but I do know it should be the right size and length to create the waves to push air back into the engine. I`m not really sure what to do. I could have something that works, but then again, it may restrict and i would have less HP. Need some input from the experts. This is a huge piston engine, and the rd350`s have much smaller pistons. What to do, what to do?

I know what I would do! Have you checked your pm's? Take a look at my CR500 pipe on page one of this thread for a reference.

I just saw the pm, and I looked at the pipe on page one. I`ll pm later, i hve some things i need to attend to for the rest of the day :)

interceptor said:
I just saw the pm, and I looked at the pipe on page one. I`ll pm later, i hve some things i need to attend to for the rest of the day :)

Have you been driving that bike around? how's she running ?

I take it out here and there, but I sure don't go far. It runs well, but I haven't really got on it because I don't have full braking yet :eek: I should be able to take it out and really try it here in the next 2 weeks ::)

Yeah ;D ,I understand; 'going Flinstone' won't work on that bike :eek: You been doing any thinking about what type expansion chamber you'll use ?

Not yet. Jimmer has one for sale, and has offered it to me. I am afraid that it may be too small though. The middle pipe on my stock unit is like 6 inches diameter. I am going to look at it tonight and see if I can make a usable expansion chamber out of it. I`ll take total length measurements of the whole thing and try to match it up, but only straighter.

Back
Top Bottom