"Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

Thoughts?

http://thebikeshed.cc/bikes/yamaha-xj650-cafe-racer-bratstyle-streettracker/

Re: "Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

xb33bsa said:
bratarded seat :( good lord they are hideous like a retarded 3rd grader built it

What's funny is that 95% of people disagree with you, so who is wrong here? ;)
They do suck though. I have one, it looks cool. Sucks to ride on for more than 30 minutes though.

SONIC. said:
What's funny is that 95% of people disagree with you, so who is wrong here? ;)
They do suck though. I have one, it looks cool. Sucks to ride on for more than 30 minutes though.
they look fucking stupid , open yer eyes, let me here you bleet like a sheep

i like it personally but I'm into the brat style. to each their own Brad, but I don't know why you think they're stupid - seems to me like a straight seat for two-up is pretty smart, minimalist and logical design.

xb33bsa said:
they look fucking stupid , open yer eyes, let me here you bleet like a sheep

Eyes are wide open 8)
Aesthetics are subjective.
And you sir are in the minority ;D

SONIC. said:
Eyes are wide open 8)
Aesthetics are subjective.
And you sir are in the minority ;D

Agreed.

It's the combination of the straight top of the seat and the curved top tubes of the frame that look stupid. Bratarded seat or not, that bike has two different things going on and neither works together.

xb33bsa said:
let me here you bleet like a sheep

'here'..... I'm guessing you maybe meant 'hear'....so that'd be spelling like a retarded 3rd grader then

Oh, and 'bleet' is actually spelt 'bleat' too, just trying to help

Great price, but these bars suck big time:

http://lawrence.craigslist.org/mcy/4586096770.html

Attachments

• 750.png
    750.png
    385.9 KB · Views: 272
Not my style, but I love the hand grenade foot pegs.

http://lawrence.craigslist.org/mcy/4570830347.html

Attachments

• Yamma.png
    Yamma.png
    840.4 KB · Views: 278
deviant said:
It's the combination of the straight top of the seat and the curved top tubes of the frame that look stupid. Bratarded seat or not, that bike has two different things going on and neither works together.

Yeah - I personally don't think it looks stupid, and I think it does work together, the seat fills in the space and levels it out - but you're free to your opinion too and I respect that - it isn't perfect cos there's always going to be a hack here with the XJ - cos the frame isn't straight back from the tank, it steps up.. I think this guy found a nice solution to it by using the seat to level it out although I bet there's not much padding for the pillion..

It's had to find another option really that would look better, I've toyed with adding another piece of frame tubing but at the end of the day it's just inherent to the bike and part of what that bike is so you end up just accepting it for that and using the seat like this is probably the most efficient and simple, clean looking solution.

Back
Top Bottom