72' CB350 - First build.

only thing i dont like is no frame brace in the rear! need a hoop there man!

Actually there is a brace in the rear, the original one, frame feels rigid enough. Also the shape of the frame dosn't exactly make it easy to do a hoop. Do you think i need a brace further back?
DSC00189.jpg

ya, i have the same question here... 3fiddys don't have anything back there to begin with and if i'm not making a race bike why do i need a hoop?

Once you're behind the shock mounts, your behind most of the stress area. not to say a hoop or brace back there won't add some rigidity. these bikes were designed as commuters and weren't over braced by any stretch. But its true its not the easiest thing to work with that stamped frame rail.

My '72 350 has a rear brace. Don't have a good picture but you can see it in this one. Plus the flat one that is in the pic that Danish posted. They don't all have this brace?

rearBrace.jpg

i chopped up the rear end of my 72' cl350. it's was a little too weird to add a hoop so i just cut it down and filled in the gaps. i did also ad another brace back there that my seat pan also bolts down to. there's pic of it in my sig.
good luck!

HerrDeacon said:
My '72 350 has a rear brace. Don't have a good picture but you can see it in this one. Plus the flat one that is in the pic that Danish posted. They don't all have this brace?

rearBrace.jpg
Mine had that as well, but i cut it off because it will be in the way for my seat/battery plans.

I'm planning to make a brace betwen the to holes in the frame, something like this:
rearbrace.jpg

So, decided to skip sunday church and lay some black paint instead:

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

I'm very pleased with the result, considering it's a spray can job.

Next on my project is to clean up my workshop, start assembly and take some better pictures.

Also i need to organize rest off the build and figure out what i need to finish my projekt.

Great work so far. Congrats on the little one! My little guys have slowed progress on my bike as well but I don't mind. Looking forward to see how this turns out. Cheers!

And it also says "Church is where you make it". I will give you some praise: Very nice work. Everything is coming out quite nicely

72' CB350 - First build. Assembly started - Engine mounted!

Okay guys, started assembly today. Fitted the tapered steering stem bearings, need to buy some grease before front end goes on. Fitted the engine in the frame, went much easier then i thougt it would.

Pictures:
DSC00200.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

It really feels great moving in the right direction, i just wanna work on the bike all day till i finish ;D

Wow man, that is looking seriously MINT.
If you put a glass top on the rails it would make an awesome coffee table. ;)

Seriously, that looks freaking sweet! Making me want to pull my engine and do up all over again. Real clean, great work so far

Back
Top Bottom