Another CB360 Build Oz Style

Chronic

Well first hi guys, Tim (CHRONIC) from Australia MATE just a little tongue n cheek! also thanks to Trek for suggesting i start a build thread!

hope this is ok! here i go...

i picked up this 74' CB360 not running and pretty rough condition cost me $500 AUD

My daughter would of rode it like that the whole 2 hours home ::)

First i checked it for spark... check then i checked the compression cold 120psi on right 135psi on left. one sparkplug hole is alittle stripped but as the engine is going to be stripped i'll repair it later. checked fuel at carbs... came out like chocolate sauce so took carbs off these things have more toffee on them then a candy apple!
gave them a very quick clean put them back on and fired it up old girl sounds pretty good

quick vid: first start up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyKaqd9zCzY

some pics

since im waiting to cafe the bike i have been trying to get it to look like what i want

Some ghetto clubman bars and dropped the speedo cluster Note would be alittle hard to ride with left hand throttle ;)

At the moment its almost stripped. top end is off the engine, it has .25 os pistons but CrazyPJ's thread on a 378cc with GS850 piston has me excited on that.
The head to which im surprized about isnt dead like half the other bikes i have seen on here : :p

Awesome bubba. The vid is great. Glad you got her to fire up, (sorta easily). "Running" is definitely the best place to start a build.
Very cool your girl is into it w ya. She looks to be at the "COOL" age...gonna a while before you see the teenage girl drama.
Excited to see where you two go with it. Im thinking pink w flowers, bubbles and a Puppy on the tank. has to be a puppy cause Ive already got a kitty cat on mine. ::)

Once again talking to Trek he says to stick with the stock air boxes. that was one of the things i wanted to get away from and run some stacks on the back of the carbs...

now i hear that the bikes dont run real well with out the stock airboxes!

What options do i have??? im kinda going for looks over rideable but still want to be able to ride it around... HELP

crazypj can modify your carbs to work without the stock air boxes.

For what it's worth, though, they run better with stacks than they do with pods.

Hey matt I thought about PJ then I thought about the $$$ to get carbs from Australia to Florida and back again.

I think it would be best to get her done and running nice w airboxes. Then make the decision about carb mods.

Well i havent done much on the bike at all. too busy building other bikes to fund my 2 main ones lol

got my learner licence 3 weeks ago and havent been on a bike since.

im sticking with the airbox just because i cant be stuffed trying to the carbs to run with pods... i have almost completely strip the bike just fussing over small things like left over tabs, i had a go at building a cafe racer seat but just not artistic enough to make it look any good. going to sellout and buy one Sshh... noone will know ;)

picked up a mig welder too so that will help the build come along

Only touched the bike today! been so busy with harvest and crap! stripped her down to her bare bones! found a few cracks and one dodgy repair that i will have to fix up!

stuck on what im going to do with the stands... i love the centrestand but its got a bend and crack where its been welded before, it has seen better days.
So not sure to keep sidestand & cut centrestand off or repair it and cut side off...

ideas anyone or what people have done before??

Not real happy with that, may cut a section out and weld in a new piece

Wow i haven't been on in a year! how the time fly's by! have just started back on this bike, been building dirt bikes & the passing of my dad has slowed this project up.

Sorry to her about your dad, a sad time for sure.

Looks like the frame has a fair bit of rust and corrosion down low. I thought it was mostly dry country in Australia?

that reddie color is some kind of undercoat. its pretty thick under the black paint.

was going to do a full ground up rebuild but now just going to clean it all up. give it a freshen up and ride it.
been riding a mates bike and want to get out on the road

Soo i pulled the engine apart today had some stuck rings on right hand piston. top end has had a rebuild & is still ok. bottom end was very very dirty needs some loving. found this cam chain adjuster. Is it Le Stuffed haha

Also do these cam chain tensioners look ok??

Attachments

• 20141108_202743.jpg
    20141108_202743.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 228
  • 20141108_202805.jpg
    20141108_202805.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 221
  • 20141108_202954.jpg
    20141108_202954.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 223
  • 20141108_203041.jpg
    20141108_203041.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 240
You have the pre-recall tensioner. The curls at the ends of the replacements go the other way. From what I can see in the picture, they're still okay. Don't look over worn or broken. Now that Sparck makes the replacements, can hurt to change it out.

Take a look at Trek97's blog: http://www.hondabrat.com/2012/08/priceless-piece-of-info.html for tensioner info.

thanks for that. i know i have the older style oil pump pickup.
there is some marks where the chain has been hitting the side of the bore. but it looks like old damage as theres also marks on the inside of the cylinder head like something was floating around in there before the last rebuild!
also could be lucky because there is was alot of sealer used & half the oil pickup was covered. Little end of conrod has been hot before too

Well found this little sucker hiding in the sump. i guess thats what had broken and made the marks inside the engine.

also picked up a 77 rm125 wheel i needed for the hub & had this AKRONT rim they look pretty cool so going to use it.

Attachments

• 20141109_141828.jpg
    20141109_141828.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 232
  • 20141109_151501.jpg
    20141109_151501.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 235
  • 20141109_151443.jpg
    20141109_151443.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 227
Interesting. That looks like one end of the cam chain tensioner, but the one you showed earlier was intact. I'm guess you're not the first person to crack open those cases.

Back
Top Bottom