socal cb360T build

Man that is so beautiful, if my CB turns out 1/2 as good as that I will be stoked.

Your bike also looks so pretty lounging in the sunshine.

Looks great, Stript! And I'm envious of that prefect riding weather! Socal sheesh...

stidds said:
Man that is so beautiful, if my CB turns out 1/2 as good as that I will be stoked.

Your bike also looks so pretty lounging in the sunshine.

Stids thank you for the kind words they mean alot. Man i am sure your bike will turn out great. This is my first build ,just take your time & envision what you want. You know what helped me get to this point ? Was that I printed pictures of bikes i was in love with and i keept them hanging in front of my work station as inspiration,& i took inspiration from each and every one of them. It has been a fun little journey making friends along the way and even learning new traits. Right now i feel bitter sweet, because when your not close to finishing your bike you just want to finish ,and when you come close to finishing you dont want the build to end. So to solve this problem i just picked up a cb 550 :D ;D Cheers brother and i look forward to drooling over your build ;D ;D

Ringo said:
Looks great, Stript! And I'm envious of that prefect riding weather! Socal sheesh...
Cheers Ringo yeah we are blessed with some keen weather!!! I hope your staying warm in montana brother!!!

sweet. Thanks man now i dont have to search for my build thread i can click and go!!! yeeew

I'm digging this build. I like the absolute minimum approach, surrounded by obvious attention to detail. Really clean machine ...

Daveyd i didnt see your bike at south lands last sunday 9am service, dont be lazy i want to see the bike

Swapmeet Louie said:
I'm digging this build. I like the absolute minimum approach, surrounded by obvious attention to detail. Really clean machine ...
Thanks Louie. i saw you in a OC post you live hear ?

Up date on my bikes running condition! my bike is running at very high idle. I have removed the stock air box , and added pod filters. I haven not rejeted the carbs yet . My idle control screw is backed out all the way, and my air gas mixture screw was set to two hole turns out counter clock wise from it being all the way in clock wise, which i believe is the stock setting with the stock air box. I played around and cut it down to one turn out since i have pod filters still no use.i will close the choke a bit and i get the idle to calm down , butt as soon as i rev the bike it dramatically spikes in idle. Also my right exhaust pops every 15 seconds like a minor back fire.
[/color][/size] [/size]I am thinking i need to rejet the carbs. This will be my first time doing this,can any one suggest witch jets do i play with. I also need a good source to get the jets to the stock cb 360 carbs thanks

I rode my bike today for the first time , I have never rode an actual bike with gears I had a blast, better then anything i have ever experienced in my life .I am grining from ear to ear ;D ;D ;D so pumped adrenalin flowing threw the vain !!!!

I wish I could go for a ride, the snow is 4' deep in my yard :-\
Give me a few more weeks and I'll take the VFR out.

SpottheDogg said:
I wish I could go for a ride, the snow is 4' deep in my yard :-\
Give me a few more weeks and I'll take the VFR out.
Nice. not to rub it in butt it was 80 out in CA today ;D

I ran in to some minor issues today. when i was riding my clutch sounded like it popped, and then my clutch cable all of a sodden got an abundance amount of slack. Was my cable adjusted to tight maybe?Also my idle is way high i know i need rejetting. If i run my bike this way can it cause it harm?I did a warm compression test and i only got 125 psi from each cylinder. i know i want around 180 psi. I never hoaned my cylinder jugs. i only putt new rings in. If i hoan will it bring my compression up?
[/color][font='lucida grande', 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/size][/font][font='lucida grande', 'trebuchet ms', helvetica, arial, sans-serif] MY bike was running fine butt on my way home its like i got a loss in power i was giving my bike gas and its as if i wasent really going anywhere . Any suggestions? . I think it is a carburated issue ![/font]

stript.714 o/c said:
I ran in to some minor issues today. when i was riding my clutch sounded like it popped, and then my clutch cable all of a sodden got an abundance amount of slack. Was my cable adjusted to tight maybe?Also my idle is way high i know i need rejetting. If i run my bike this way can it cause it harm?I did a warm compression test and i only got 125 psi from each cylinder. i know i want around 180 psi. I never hoaned my cylinder jugs. i only putt new rings in. If i hoan will it bring my compression up?
MY bike was running fine butt on my way home its like i got a loss in power i was giving my bike gas and its as if i wasent really going anywhere . Any suggestions? . I think it is a carburated issue !

Was it revving up but not accelerating? It sounds like your clutch is slipping. Just start bumping the jets one size at a time (main and pilot), the popping could just be a lean pilot jet, the high idle makes me think the carbs aren't completely clean too.

I really like that seat, where'd you get it?

AimSmall said:
Was it revving up but not accelerating? It sounds like your clutch is slipping. Just start bumping the jets one size at a time (main and pilot), the popping could just be a lean pilot jet, the high idle makes me think the carbs aren't completely clean too.

I really like that seat, where'd you get it?
Yes it was reving up and not really responding . I had just re adjusted the clutch do to being stranded . Did i adjust it wrong or do you think i have an issue with my clutch plates, or springs?

My buddy Dustin Kott made it custom to the bike . Here is his contact info write him a message tell him R.E.L. sent you http://www.kottmotorcycles.com/Kott_Motorcycles/Contact_Us.html

I finally got a custom brake line made yesterday . My brake caliper"s piston was stuck do to it not being used in some 27 something some odd years. I am no new-be to bleeding brakes on a car, it should take you around 30 to 45 minutes right? Well i took me nearly three hours and one stript brake caliper later to get my daw gone front brake done. Honestly it was the hardest part of my build , DONT ASK ME WHY? I really could of used a punching bag like 9 times!! Lucky for me my 550 uses the same brake system . So i snagged it off the bike since i wont be rebuilding that bike any time soon. I guess it took me three times as long because i had to pop two calipers pistons out ,not to mention what a headache it was trying to keep the brake fluid from leaking out the master-cylinder since i have clip ons . A little word of advice before you tear in to your build first thing on your list. OVER HAUL YOUR BRAKE SYSTEM!! because it is nearly impossible not to leak that brake fluid all over your front end especially if you are running clips, not to mention that stuff eats up paint like no other :eek: I hope my powder coated rims have no damage!!. On another note i am sadly and happy to say i am finally done with my build. I might just drill out my front rotor for better stopping power thats about it. Hope you enjoy the thread until next time boys see you out on the road :D

Back
Top Bottom