1973 cb350f lightweight cafe

Well I ordered another set from David silver, once they get here I'll be good to go. In the mean time I put the new wheels on, will take some photos when it's not pouring out and I can get a good shot. I think since I'm a little held up on the motor I will be cutting the bars down tomorrow. New rear hagons will get here tomorrow too, once they are on I will have a much better idea of stance and riding position with the adjusted bars.

Shaping up nicely mate keep updates n pics comin ;)

As soon as it stops raining you got it. My garage space is too small can't get a good shot!

Rear suspension is on, and I made the mount for my footrests. I was going to do rearsets, but I may do the same thing I did on my 175, run without a rear brake, and flip the shift lever upside down and gp shift. Not sure yet.

All that being said, the current riding position is awesome.

Quick picture in between rain

Attachments

• IMG_20151003_080628.jpg
    IMG_20151003_080628.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 262
The more I look at it the more I want to lower the shit out of the front end and giving a much meaner disposition. Then I remember exactly what that'll do to the handling and come to my senses. Gonna have to go with function over form, especially since I am looking for something that will be extremely comfortable on longer rides. Today's objective will be to clean up the rear frame a little. Need to take some measurements and see if one of cognito's trays will fit. Would save be a ton of time, and cost vs time well worth buying and bolting/ welding in vs fabing it myself.

After 6 hours of work the base gasket on the barrels is about 85% removed. I also took a couple of small breaks, used to put the new pistons on the rods (the new rings came today), remove a few tabs from the frame, and install my bar end mirror. I'd still be working on that gasket, but I have to go to work some time. Tomorrow I will finish it up, and get the motor back together.

IIRC I used a soft buffing wheel on either the dremel or pneumatic angle grinder at slow speed to get some of the harder stuff off. Saved me some manual labor and didn't cause any harm to the mating surfaces.

adventurco said:
IIRC I used a soft buffing wheel on either the dremel or pneumatic angle grinder at slow speed to get some of the harder stuff off. Saved me some manual labor and didn't cause any harm to the mating surfaces.

BTW love your 360. The tank and seat are really very complimentary to one another.

jag767 said:
BTW love your 360. The tank and seat are really very complimentary to one another.

Thanks man. Seen too many cafe's with cookie cutter store bought seats, so I figured I'd make my own. Plus, I really enjoy hand forming one off fiberglass molds, so its a win/win, even if its takes a hundred hours or so ;D

What're you thinking for a seat on this bad boy?

adventurco said:
Thanks man. Seen too many cafe's with cookie cutter store bought seats, so I figured I'd make my own. Plus, I really enjoy hand forming one off fiberglass molds, so its a win/win, even if its takes a hundred hours or so ;D

What're you thinking for a seat on this bad boy?

Well however much time it took, looks killer. I'm not sure, I want something the really matches the tank, has a nice shape to the rear section of it, not too round or square, with an integrated brake light. Admittedly it's the one part of the bike that I need a clearer vision of. I think I need to spend some time looking through what airtech offers to get a better idea.

Just found the greatest airbox. Never saw it posted on here so I figured I'd share.

http://www.steeldragonperformance.com/air_boxes_7.html

Motor is back together to the head. Torqued it all down, but I like to let it sit for a little and check it once more after a few hours. After that I'll do the cam, head cover, throw the carbs back on and test fit the exhaust. I'm going to get it running before I do a final teardown to make sure everything is good.

Getting somewhere

Attachments

• 20151007_160839.jpg
    20151007_160839.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 256
  • 20151007_160847.jpg
    20151007_160847.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 257
  • 20151007_160855.jpg
    20151007_160855.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 272
  • 20151007_160905.jpg
    20151007_160905.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 260
  • 20151007_160916.jpg
    20151007_160916.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 271
  • 20151007_160946.jpg
    20151007_160946.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 258
1973 cb350f lightweight cafe

Are those the passenger peg mounts where your footpegs are? They look so...heavy.

Everything else looking nice though. I really enjoy that tank.

Back
Top Bottom