What's next? You know, after the classics

I'd been thinking about buying a 80's/90's bike for a while, but couldn't decide between a TRX850 or a ZXR750H1.
Finally bought the Laverda in the bottom pic, talk about indecisive.

Attachments

• p10100101.jpg
    p10100101.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 596
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 628
  • 100_0096.JPG
    100_0096.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 558
Redliner said:
What you imprying?

Some Chinese place names:

Luoyang
Lianjungang
Liacheng
Liaoning
Tongliao
Jilin
Heilongjiang

etc., etc., etc....

When indulging in what could be mistaken for casual racism, it is a good idea to get the facts straight.

Crazy

The late 80's/early 90's sport bikes are very appealing.

I built this FZR400 last year.
4B64C217-FCC0-4972-A4DA-AC038F9BC7F0-12634-00006CB4A5E6D42F.jpg

And I love the Zed-Rex, it is what I ride now.

20140905_162655_zpsuemaqcbn.jpg

I'd love to have an 85 ZXR. I have my eye out for one. That Yammi up there ain't to shabby, either.

I dunno -- with a couple exceptions, I have always had and ridden 60's and 70's bikes. I like 'em, I know em, and I prefer 'em. The rise in prices sucks, but since I buy bikes that have been sitting and get them running again and sell them, the higher purchase price is more than offset by the higher selling price. It's just a steeper initial commitment. There are still plenty of these bikes around.

I won't be selling off my 00' ZRX1100 but I have been looking at the earlier fizzers for something smaller and lighter to play with. As for what is coming? 80's and up.

The beauty of the 60's and 70's bikes are simplicity. The learning curve is much shorter on earlier bikes than on late 80s' and up bikes with their doodads and gadgets. Stuff that made them a better bike but also complicated and had "rev 1" issues. I expect to see 80's and later bikes simplified with cleaned up subframes, less plastic and less restrictive intake an exhaust. The 80's was the big beginning of CV carbs, emissions controls, overly lean stock setups, etc...

carnivorous chicken said:
I dunno -- with a couple exceptions, I have always had and ridden 60's and 70's bikes. I like 'em, I know em, and I prefer 'em. The rise in prices sucks, but since I buy bikes that have been sitting and get them running again and sell them, the higher purchase price is more than offset by the higher selling price. It's just a steeper initial commitment. There are still plenty of these bikes around.

Here is a sweet late 60's bike, black bomber, , I like how these dont have a bunch of plastic. Its such a time less design.
They just dont make bikes like this anymore. Too much plastic after this era.

4.JPG

honda-cb450.jpg

$_20.JPG

After building my 75 yam 500 I was looking for something lil newer and ended up with a 85 FJ 1100. Easy to work on and great thing is the race car guys a doing all the speed parts ! The legends cars are running FJ motors so there just about everything out there for them . After that picked a zx7 for fun ( and I always wanted one ) again very easy to work on ! Think just like the guys that grow up on the 70s bikes and are now keeping the over all look of the bikes there useing new better,lighter parts . Where as guys like me who grow up on 80s bike are doing the same keeping over all look but better parts !

It's great to squeeze the most you can out of a small bike, like super tuning a CB450, but where is the ceiling on something like a ZX14rr? How will we make that bike quicker or more responsive? Would that even be a good idea? They can hardly keep the wheel down in any gear as is.

The future is going to be different.

stroker crazy said:
When indulging in what could be mistaken for casual racism, it is a good idea to get the facts straight.

Crazy

Reary?

I'm a fan of the early 90's CBR's. Great handling bikes, quick, simple. Tune the suspension on them, and not a whole lot else needs to be done. And, IMO, you can make them look cool with a little work.

Took this
Screenshot_2014-12-05-13-15-17-1_zpsjtdad5f8.png

To this
IMAG0915_zpsb01f796d.jpg

Drewski said:
Another of my personal faves. A good lookin' mid-80's GPZ900 Ninja!

Holy crap that is beautiful! They completely transformed the dumpy rear end on that bike. Any more info on this bike?

doc_rot said:
Holy crap that is beautiful! They completely transformed the dumpy rear end on that bike. Any more info on this bike?

Haha! ;D Ya, it's a pretty cool machine. I found it when I was exploring this site: http://leopardo.jp/products/index.htm

I don't read the language, so my knowledge is severely limited. ;) ;D

I observe that it's a track-bike though and it appears that the one piece tank/sidecovers and tail is a one piece shell with a metal fuel tank under it.

I just LOVE the look of this ride!! The subtle visual changes to the lines and the not-so-subtle performance upgrades are awesome! ;D

Check out the site though... lots of cool stuff there! 8)

Here's a couple more:

Another custom zrx:

Some GPZ900's:

You want a glimpse of the future? Gotta look to Japan dude...

These fucking awesome Japanese dudes are doing good work with late 80's / 90's bikes...

http://www.ac-sanctuary.co.jp/english/

Ribo said:

These fucking awesome Japanese dudes are doing good work with late 80's / 90's bikes...

Me likey.

stroker crazy said:
Some Chinese place names:

Luoyang
Lianjungang
Liacheng
Liaoning
Tongliao
Jilin
Heilongjiang

etc., etc., etc....

Crazy
crazy redliner talks Outta his ass almost 95% of the time he is a fucking dip shit. in fact there was a message board built in facebook months ago because everybody was sick of him on the chat box

Ribo said:

The thing I really love about Sanctuary is that not only do they build high dollar jaw droppers, but you could hop on any of their bikes and ride the wheels off it. Function seems to get pushed to the side far too often.

Redliner said:
The queen has returned. Somebody fetch his royal butt-hurt creme.
what the hell you talking about retard

Have you ever built a bike, lets see some picture.

bradj said:
... there was a message board built in facebook months ago because everybody was sick of him on the chat box
You talking about the one he's also part of? Right.

Back
Top Bottom