The new Harley "street"!

AlphaDogChoppers said:
Because you are just chiming in that not all Harley owners are Harley snobs. Most of the Harley snobs are mid-life crisis guys who bought their first motorcycle when they were 50. Never owned anything else, and when they finally grew a set and started riding motorcycles, they had the money to buy whatever they wanted.

Most of them don't ride much, don't ride well, and don't know how to even do basic maintenance. That's OK, though, because after the two year warranty runs out, the bike hasn't even gotten enough miles on it for more than its first 1,000 service. They trade it in on a new one with a new warranty, and show it off at Hooters.

Dayyyyyum.....I bought that Harley at age 50........"sh1t"................or a couple days b4.

The Hondas came afterwards.

Spent 20 years in the military and was difficult to own a bike.

And I love the buffalo wings at Hooters.

AlphaDogChoppers said:
Oh! No! You are one of those bike night foot draggers I wuz talkin' 'bout!

ha ha ha.......nope, don't drag the foot...boots are too darn expensive.

And haven't attended a bike night anywheres. Too much wrenching and beer drinking going on right in my own place.

But I still like those Hooter buffalo wings.................................................

bradj said:
why is it a problem they have spent a hundred plus years catering the older hipster crowd. "i want this to look vintage but have a warrenty", " i want to be seen in this jacket", " i decked out my dynaglide with all the chrome i could with out breaking a seal on my legend of a motor" give me a break all you fucks are alike
Its all the same incert the words dcc, messanger bags, or single speed junk bicycles from the 80's, or cb350's
so please get off your driven by image oil leaking soap box

O1MARC YOU'RE A FUCKING DUMB ASS

This made my day. Thank you Brad.

By the way - the new watercooled HD's are being made in India.

Time will tell.......but I can't help thinking that Hyosung will soon be seen as having high build quality....

They are being made in India for the Asian and European markets. The ones sold in the US will be made in the US.

I read that too, but I'm skeptical. Sure they'll be "assembled" in the US, but I'd be thinking a majority of the parts will be made in India.

Especially at the price point they are offering.

AlphaDogChoppers said:
Naw. All that means is that hipsters are just trying to be as cool as I have always been.

.....Nope. Not seeing it.

Pretty cool to see they are using these bikes as the promotional tools to bring Ice racing to the x games.

hillsy said:
I read that too, but I'm skeptical. Sure they'll be "assembled" in the US, but I'd be thinking a majority of the parts will be made in India.

Especially at the price point they are offering.

Exactly what I'm saying!!! Zollner piston USED to make pistons for Ford here until they found out they were outsourcing from Brazil. They are now not producing pistons any longer... TONS of companies import most or ALL of their parts and just "assemble" them in the US, slap a sticker on it and call it "made in the USA"... My security clearance prevents me from speaking about experiences. The NSA may be looking at this now ;)

I guarantee there will be parts on these new (US) Harley's that will be still made in India. How many? Some? Most? All? We'll probably never know unless someone that works there leaks the info...

Many years ago I used to work for a small company that made / sold office telephone systems. I used to assemble / test the units.

All the circuit boards were manufactured in Taiwan, but we used a locally made cabinet / box and we made up all the connecting cables in house. There were a few other pieces we sourced locally.

I can't remember the exact percentage, but because we had X amount built / sourced locally we were allowed to call it "Australian Made". And the company also had to pay less import duties on the components compared to importing complete units.

Probably going to be something similar going on with the new HD's.

papadapalis said:
Woah cool new harleys!? (Walks into this mess.....immediately walks back out)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dammit Redbird I told you no girls in your room

Damn guys didn't mean to start a fight... I just thought it was cool of harley to aim towards a younger crowd. I like the style of the bike, but I am only 21 and I guess I'm a little hipster too lmao.

I think it might be my first new bike purchase! I know a lot of guys that have Harley's and aren't d-bags. And I guess I'll be one of them! I still like Hondas, and the older vintage bikes more. Just feel like this would be a great daily rider.

And also I read these bikes will be made in Kentucky not India. I guess some of the parts will probably be made there though!

Joey

Back
Top Bottom