Universal - Adjustable Rearset - more pictures and discount option

Viet

First, great rear sets and thanks again. Really good quality for the price. I have 1 question. What is the best way to separate the 2 pieces of the rearsets? I'm talking about the 2 main pieces that form the "L" shape. I have removed the circlip but these things are pressed together very tight.

Any ideas?

SnYSafq.jpg

-Phil

Mine fell apart as soon as I took off the circlip, maybe a screwdriver between the two with some light pressure might help it.

Kennyb000y said:
Mine fell apart as soon as I took off the circlip, maybe a screwdriver between the two with some light pressure might help it.

Yea that was what I tried last night but it didn't budge. In fact, I almost broke the screw driver. Not sure how hard I can pry on these things.

I also tried using a rubber mallet to knock the larger piece off but still no luck.

I would try a C clamp but there's nothing to clamp it to.

OK I got them apart. Had to really beat the shit out of it in the vice to get them off while using a larger screw driver as a pry.

Now back to work.

Kennyb000y said:
That sounds extreme, are they going to be hard to put back together as well?

It was a bit extreme, sweating my ass off in my garage. Once I get the adjustment right and put them back together I'll update you on that.

Going back together was easier, but there was no way I could do it by hand. I used a piece of pipe that fit over the grooved ring and used the rubber mallet to hammer it on.

Shift side is done. Don't mind the exhaust. I have CL headers going on next.

e2GePBq.jpg

sorry, I only read the first and last (currently) page of this thread. how much for a set for a 75 cb550? I know shipping will be $35.

namelesspenguin said:
t
sorry, I only read the first and last (currently) page of this thread. how much for a set for a 75 cb550? I know shipping will be $35.
I believe the cb400F will fit, it is 125 shipped to the US

Hey Phil do you have pics of the rear set installed on the brake side? I want to know if you can still use the stock rear brake switch and if so how you did it. I also have a 72 CB175 and want to get these rearsets.

In my case, I drilled a small hole on the rearset and using the spring of the stock brake light switch.

Any chance these can be made for Suzukis? Specifically a 1979 GS 425? It has a rear drum brake. I can send you some close up picks of all the linkage and stuff.

Here are the measurements on the GS 425:

From the gear shift shaft to the rear peg mounting hole is 4" center to center, then the second mounting hole is 2" from the first peg center to center.

From the brake pedal mount to foot rest mount is 5" center to center.

Here are pics:

Back
Top Bottom