74 CB360T Rookie Build

Heres a decent looking setup. I think I would find a way of doing it without the GIANT cotter key though.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=25310.0

I wish I could find the other. those guys were Italian and they had a video. (I think)

Yeah i love the look of that setup. I'm trying not to move the battery or anything else for that matter. I wont need to change the seat on a whim, but i also dont want it to take an hour haha. Trying to run an aluminum rail down each side of the frame in spots where i can bolt the cafe seat in but wont interfere with the orig seat for 2 up rides. I know theres probably easier ways to do this with a different cafe seat but this is the one i have so im gonna try to make it work before i pay more loot for an easier solution haha im stubborn.

Updated pics. Next step will be rear sets, seat and low rise clip ons.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427851891988.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427851891988.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 181
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427851940995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427851940995.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 186
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427851965199.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427851965199.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 197
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427852068605.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427852068605.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427852112855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427852112855.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
It is a sharp lookin machine.

A word of caution. Never keep a sledge hammer within arms reach of a cb360.

Just sayin....A day will come, when you may want to employ it.

its hard to tell in the pics. Is the inner fender inside there?

I just got done re-jetting carbs....waiting for sun to warm things for the BIG test ride. :)

You working on the cafe seat today?

Might try and get the pad for the seat done tomorrow. Ordered the low rise tarozzis last night. And yes took the plastic inner fender off, replaced with a cut piece of sheet metal. Its zip tied for now haha(you can see them they're white).

Haha i knew youd like that. Found my black ones, need to make the inner fender longer. Its not covering enough.

I had a guy a long time ago give me a bunch of 360t parts for free..... Here is a picture of a few. You can have them if you pay S&H.....Let me know if you are interested. I can dig up the rest of the stuff and see if anything will help you out.

MILLENNIUM FALCON said:
I had a guy a long time ago give me a bunch of 360t parts for free..... Here is a picture of a few. You can have them if you pay S&H.....Let me know if you are interested. I can dig up the rest of the stuff and see if anything will help you out.
PM sent

That 360 is way too nice to butcher, completely stock ones are now pretty rare.
There are still plenty of rough ones out there to cut up
Neutral light sticking on is usually caused by wire being trapped between sprocket cover and crankcase. If not that, it probably isn't connected properly

Yeah pj thanks, the neutral light is all together off now. I havent messed with it but plan on looking at it tomorrow. Also my intention when buying this bike was to have a very nice, clean bike gone through by a pro to start with. Im not a proffesional custom bike builder so I didnt want to have to rebuild the engine or play with the carbs all day just to take it on a ride. Dont get me wrong, its a hoot to tinker with an fix small problems etc. But i wanted a complete and reliable base. Theres 2 or 3 360Ts on ebay every week that look just as nice as mine did when i got it. ;-)

*** FYI everyone, some parts up for sale in the Selling section tonight. Thanks!

Re: 74 CB360T Rookie Build

Update, Tarozzi low rises will be in Monday from fftp. Cut down a doner front fender, kept the stock brake line grommet (not done with the front, need to curve edges on the front) and made a flirt rear fender from what i cut off the front. Fits the rear tire better than the stock one that swallowed it haha.
Also changed my mind about the cafe seat. Going with a modified stock mounted pan with a lower flatter seat.
Did away with my push cable with a lot of help from Trek. Yes, i trust my spring and i know how to shut my bike off if it fails.
More updates when clips get in.
Rear sets after that, then seat. I want to do these 3 one at a time for curiosity and financial purposes ha.
Heres a couple pics of the fenders.
8a398e5deeb72879f3e5d39f8c34f580.jpg
1e5d10e22a126e437b1e3928e5a2d593.jpg
41a47ddc2b41fefacc9fdff9c50e1e21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom