What's going on now over at Ichiban Moto ?

Re: Ichiban Moto : Yamaha 500 cafe racer build

crazypj said:
Look's like the throttle shaft end cap is missing in the carb your working on in vid?
You can get an air leak through there or grit could get in and cause throttle to stick

I think thats the least of his worries PJ! hahaha

i'm wondering what the rig in the kit is loaded wid :-\
itchy you be slamin'?

That one is a classic and uses all the jet and slide drilling, jet blocking, spacer, discussions all taken together. And packaged in a bag complete with needle template and 220 grade sandpaper. Awesome work.

I need an icihban stocker to put on this restoration I'm doing. I predict a rush for those soon. I want to get in before the hipsters find out and all want them and drive the price up. In January when Bernacke and the Fed start to ease up on the QE bond purchase program, maybe some of the surplus $10b a month could be invested in Ichciban stickers.

Ichiban Carbuetor mods for Filter Pods

xb33bsa said:
i'm wondering what the rig in the kit is loaded wid :-\
itchy you be slamin'?

That is just an oil syringe that came in the kit: to lubricate the carb linkage

LOL, these are the best how to vids on the interweb, can we get Ichiban Moto stickers? I want a few for my work bench.

We need tail stickers: "The Handling is Not Twitchy, ...it's Just Built By Itchy"

Of course it would take Ichiban to finally solve the pod/CV carb debate. Where can I get some of that paper element?

CarbsAndCylinders said:
Of course it would take Ichiban to finally solve the pod/CV carb debate. Where can I get some of that paper element?

Carburetor isle of your local grocery store. ;D

+1 for a sticker .... I will do a new build just to have the sticker on it.

CarbsAndCylinders said:
Thanks Marc, that is a good tip.
As ichy mentioned to me, you can make the filters have the same million mile warranty K&N offers by getting your filter papers at COSTCO. ;D

Wow, Costco is selling Bad Ass Café parts now, who knew? Can you get assembly tape or tiny screwdriver there too?

I imagine many of the Chinese Metric tools can be bought there in bulk, which is good because the tools are one time use only and only good for one build before replacing them. The tape, green zipties, filter media, etc. can all be had there. I think Itchy is working on a deal to actually have complete badass cafe racers available through Costco. But you have to buy 10 at a time.

CarbsAndCylinders said:
Wow, Costco is selling Bad Ass Café parts now, who knew? Can you get assembly tape or tiny screwdriver there too?

I make my own tiny screwdrivers... I will shoot a "how-to" vid for you guys :D

Maybe coffee filters on pods will be the new "rat" trend of 2014? Mandatory duct tape usage.

Or maybe they will install them inside the pods ;D

Re: Filter Pod element upgrade

Trad said:
Maybe coffee filters on pods will be the new "rat" trend of 2014? Mandatory duct tape usage.

:eek: Please don't use coffee filters and duct tape.

Only proper assembly tape should be carefully applied when installing custom paper elements over filter pods ;)

Trad said:

Or maybe they will install them inside the pods ;D

Hahaha.

Not a bad idea maybe? It will give a whole new meaning to "cafe" racer. ;D

jap baby seal filter fur
of course then you need whale foreskin bands to hold all that fer in plaice

images
images

Back
Top Bottom