Maritime's new GL - 2UP Distance eater

Blue - this has etch, silver then blue, no clear yet. I am either going to use a regular enamel clear if all the bits aren't done, then 2K the whole shebang after the ride, or if I get all the tins in colour by Wed, hit it with the 2K and be ready to roll out Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_20160704_123730543.jpg
    IMG_20160704_123730543.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 217
Had it running. Had plug wires 2&4 backwards and flooded it. Have them fixed but the fan isn't kicking in after 3 bars on the temp gauge. It only runs on choke right now too.

Maritime said:
Had it running. Had plug wires 2&4 backwards and flooded it. Have them fixed but the fan isn't kicking in after 3 bars on the temp gauge. It only runs on choke right now too.

Fan is likely the wiring just try to jump it to make sure it works then trace the wires out, shit in the idle circuit clean clean clean... ISeeAnAllNighter in your future hah!

Ok. After fixing plugs and dumping some carb cleaner fuel fixer stp shitvin her and running her a few more times we have a proper running bike. All the white smoke stopped, she runs, revs and idles off choke. I have 0 rear brake, need to sort that fast, and I got her warmed up well and 4 of 8 bars on temp gauge but still no fan, need to test that as traffic could be bad and I don't want an over heated bike. I put the rad and fan from the parts bike on but could swap my old fan back. Front brakes are great, front end felt good. She tracked straight and pipes sound perfect. Nice rumble but not possible your neighbors off.

Tune, just saw your post. I am going to jump the fan and see if it spins. If it does the bike may have not gotten hot enough, I know the temp sensor works as it climbed as the bike warmed

Also I hit the rear fender with clear but had to stop for the night and rest foot, I'd pull the all nighter but then would be useless. So I'll get back at her tomorrow. I really need to sort the rear brake it was scary going down my driveway and hitting it and nothing. Good thing the fronts are sorted lol

Oh yeah, speedo seemed to work ok. Tach is a little flakey but not bad, just looking at wiring diagram and temp sensor and switch are 2 separate items so I'll need To trace that circuit out to be sure. I need the wife to drive 60 and I will follow and see what the gauge reads to know if it is accurate. It felt right seat o the pants 3rd gear at 3 k reading about 50 mph though

maritime the fan has its own thermal switch its not the same one that works temp gauge

the fan switch is behind the thermostat and has 2 wires going to it

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9303016_f1024.jpg

Thanks I modified my last post stating that. The switch was good before crash so I hope it's just a bad wire connection.

cxman said:
maritime the fan has its own thermal switch its not the same one that works temp gauge

the fan switch is behind the thermostat and has 2 wires going to it

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9303016_f1024.jpg

That switch completes ground right? So if I pull wires and connect them fan should spin if the rest of circuit is good.

the switch has 12v positive and supplies power to the fan so if you put a jumper across it will run

cxman said:
the switch has 12v positive and supplies power to the fan so if you put a jumper across it will run

Ok thanks, I am going to jump it tonight and see if it spins, if it does I will then give the bike a longer ride and see if it warms up enough to engage it and watch the temp gauge close to not overheat her. If it doesn't come on I will swap the switch from the 1100

you can attach wires from your meter to the switch and then boil it (the switch)to test them

That is right, the test is in the manual. Sad thing is I found a Honda OEM FSM and got it last Barber I went to, then left it in Kiley's garage so I only have the Clymer on pdf. I need to get back to Kiley's and get it.

Also I just did some poking around on NGWCLUB and I think the bike didn't really get warm enough to have the fan kick in, I am going to still test it to make sure it spins, then sort the back brake, then go for a good 20 min shakedown ride and see if it kicks in at low speed. If it spins but doesn't kick in when the bike is fully warmed I will get a new switch, there are lots of cross overs on the forums I can get from a NAPA etc.

Edit: there is a method to clean the switch so I will take the 1100 one out, clean it, then do the test, then swap it out if it's good. I can do the cleaning while I sort the rear brake and wait for body fill to dry etc.

Fan works so I think I just haven't hit a warm enough temp to activate it. Fender mounted I like the blue. Jill is body filling and sanding right now the rest of the tins. We may make paint. Rear brake was dry, I flushed, filled and bled it. Nothing. So I need to figure that out. Of course the 1100 is a different system.

Attachments

• IMG_20160705_205228709.jpg
    IMG_20160705_205228709.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20160705_202752386.jpg
    IMG_20160705_202752386.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 258
Back
Top Bottom