Post a pic of your latest purchase

Makes perfect sense for that Craigslist local buy, just toss the thing in the trunk and go! I just bought the iron to make a bed extender and hauled 16' siding with no trailer... Get r done!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Black box rr/battery eliminator... Supposed to have a cap but I have no recollection of any that are small enough to hide in a potted pcb... Should of consulted with the local guru

7269ab2ebdb1f170831ca9c7d2a8d07c.jpg

Some multimeters will allow you to read capacitance.

My guess is anything that would fit inside a potted regulator (single phase) would be around the 4700µF mark. Maybe rated at 35V or so?

Assuming you're running with the Sparx unit, you're probably OK. They're a good brand. I would prefer something rated at at least 15,000µF, though. 20K+ would be even better. But that size of cap won't fit into such a small package. They're about the size of a beer can.

Maritime said:
Yep and if you use it once to get a bike home it will be worth that price.
That's my thinking. And if I need to modify is in any way, it's ok, cuz it was cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostboy said:
I just bought this. Definite impulse buy. 98$ shipped.
b602204ab49127bfcafc4e0ae31e4515.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see those all the time in salt flat pics, they must work. They would be especially handy for short trips, like rescuing a bike from the side of the road.

Sonreir said:
Some multimeters will allow you to read capacitance.

My guess is anything that would fit inside a potted regulator (single phase) would be around the 4700µF mark. Maybe rated at 35V or so?

Assuming you're running with the Sparx unit, you're probably OK. They're a good brand. I would prefer something rated at at least 15,000µF, though. 20K+ would be even better. But that size of cap won't fit into such a small package. They're about the size of a beer can.

Nice looking LED warning/idiot lights:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251623870259?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=550526386008&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I pushed the boat (or the credit card to be exact and bought a Hilborn furl injection set up for the sidecar. The fun begins making it work.

Good find on the GS450. I was on a race team in the 80s and we campaigned GS450s very successfully. They are good bikes.

Interesting setup Hoof. Is that mechanical FI? How do you go about providing the pressure for the pump?

Brodie said:
Interesting setup Hoof. Is that mechanical FI? How do you go about providing the pressure for the pump?

Yes, mechanical. I spent a lot of time with Don Enriquez at Hilborn. He probably knows more about fuel injection that Stu Hilborn ever did. The pump will draw even if the tank is lower than it. But as Don said it makes things so much easier if the tank is level or slightly above the pump. The pump is driven at half engine speed. The fun will be locating and driving the pump. The rest shouldn't be a problem. If it cures the lean out I've been suffering it will be worth it.

Very interesting. More race orientated no doubt. How do you go about adjusting the fuel ratio on those, is it like a jet on a carb?

The jet in the nozzle is fixed but changeable. The butterfly is hooked to a rotating barrel valve that meters the fuel. It has a return line that has a bypass valve that has "pill" (so called because it looks like a pill). The pills (upper left int he photo) have different size holes that control the pressure to the injector and bypasses the fuel when the throttle is closed. It sounds real simple but I'm sure I'll complicate it somehow. It will be going on this blown 540cc Weslake. The aim is 145 at Bonneville.

Hoofhearted said:
The jet in the nozzle is fixed but changeable. The butterfly is hooked to a rotating barrel valve that meters the fuel. It has a return line that has a bypass valve that has "pill" (so called because it looks like a pill). The pills (upper left int he photo) have different size holes that control the pressure to the injector and bypasses the fuel when the throttle is closed. It sounds real simple but I'm sure I'll complicate it somehow. It will be going on this blown 540cc Weslake. The aim is 145 at Bonneville.

I couldn't follow a single thing you just said, but it sounds amazing

Back
Top Bottom