'86 Interceptor 2 smoke project

Big day today. I installed a chain, bled the rear brake, started it and put it in first gear and slowly released clutch lever. Everything seemed to be just fine. I would have taken it down the road, but I didnt have a helmet. So I think tomorrow will be a great day to see how it does on the road. The carb has been leaking, so I will need to sort that out among about 10 other little things ;) I`ve also been thinking about how I want to clean this thing up. But the more I look at it, the more I really like it the way it is. Maybe I`ll leave it just the way it is. We`ll see.

I am really digging this thing man! That is going to be one unique little ride!

Man this is awesome! I love the look of the old aircooled 2smoke singles. I had a DT400 a while back and it has a very similar looking engine. Looking forward to seeing another vid of it!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS THING MAN?? I hope this sweet ride is still going

I haven`t had that much time to work on it, unfortunately. I did a few cosmetic things like clean the plastics, strip some paint off the wheels, fit some parts, ect. I do run it every other week, and it always starts up. I modified the front fairing, and pushed it bck more. Still have to make brackets to mount to the bike, but it shouldn`t be that bad. Small stuff, but still progress :)

For some reason, this made me think of a dream I had to put modern dual-sport suspension and dual upswept expansion chambers on an RD400...

grandpaul said:
For some reason, this made me think of a dream I had to put modern dual-sport suspension and dual upswept expansion chambers on an RD400...
You mean like putting an RD400 engine in a DT400 frame? A RDT400?

interceptor said:
You mean like putting an RD400 engine in a DT400 frame? A RDT400?

Sure, why not, except it seems less work to just swap forks & shocks for something longer travel, and have at it!

Ok, progress report. Finally received my new grips and front left brake caliper slide bolts. I can now add brake fluid to the front brakes and see if they actually work ::) Once thats done, I should have a running bike, minus lights.

Just wanted to show the reshaped front fairing and how I pushed it back more.

CAM01344%201_zpsostgtiwt.jpg

CAM01343_zpsqwyzg2aa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom