So-Cal riders

Brit cafe, and vintage bike riders:

The Norton Owner's Club sponsored All British Bike ride to Hansen Dam (north of Los Angeles) is taking place this Sunday. The following is lifted from their web site:

November 7 (Sunday) - The 31st Annual Hansen Dam All British Ride, aka “… the best ride by a dam site”.: Called one of the country’s biggest classic bike happenings by Cycle World. Last year’s event attracted around 800 bikes, mostly British. Same meeting place as last year, get off the 210 at Osborne as usual, then go west about ¾ of a mile on Foothill Blvd. and south (left if you are going west) onto Osborne for about ¼ mile. Enter the park at Dronfield. Go down the hill to the southwest corner of the dam. Gates open at 8 am, get there early for coffee, donuts etc. Ride leaves at 10 am, returning around 1:30 pm for ride pin distribution (free to British mounted riders) and show bike awards in six categories.

Its a good, fun ride. Should be nice and warm this weekend too.

whats the word people!? anything going on down here in the good ol SO-CAL of A ?

i'm in mission viejo/san juan capistrano.
Bought a 1970 cb450 last june and got it running with minor work. I'm tearing it apart right now in order to take care of some issues i've been having and revamp it into a cafe bike.
If any of you guys have any suggestions for finding parts (new seat, carbs, paint) lemme know. I'm pretty green to this whole thing.

Hi guys I'm friends with Rudy "wagonmaster" , I go all the time that's my 650 he mentioned at the vintage bike OC meet. I live in Yorba Linda and love to ride

Mark

JohnnyB450 said:
i'm in mission viejo/san juan capistrano.
Bought a 1970 cb450 last june and got it running with minor work. I'm tearing it apart right now in order to take care of some issues i've been having and revamp it into a cafe bike.
If any of you guys have any suggestions for finding parts (new seat, carbs, paint) lemme know. I'm pretty green to this whole thing.

Johnny- I am in Ladera Ranch and just started messing around with my '70 CB175. Let me know if you need help with anything or want to hit up the swap meet one of these days.

Joe

summer is comming! who wants to put some kind of ride together for us here in the west coast?

James here in LA...

Have a 73' CB500, almost stock..

Looking to purchase another bike to take apart, learn and build into a cafe... Don't want to tear down my 500, because I don't want to be without a ride..

Anyone know where to find a project bike on the cheap (other than craigslist)?

side note: anyone know much about registering a 70's bike if the seller only has a bill of sale?

thanks

james

try parts unlimited motorcycles in stanton. phone number is 714 828 6260 theyre a slavage yard with lots of old hondas.

New to this forum, but not to bikes. Would love to find some San Diego riders on vintage cafes to meet up with and do some weekend rides. I live in Encinitas and my '72 CB750 is ready to rip. Bueller?

Hey guys, who's got the skinny on Cooks corner (Santiago canyon) or Hell's Kitchen (Ortega HWY) these days? It's been almost 18 years since I've ridden in OC area, but am currently working on a '77 CB750F and plan on hitting the canyons with it.

Just wanted to know if it was safe to hit these places these days on a Japanese bike! Cooks used to have a dumpster out front with the words "Japanese motorcycle parking" painted on it! lol

650Mark said:
I live in OC and cooks corner is Jap bike friendly, I go every now and then.

Mark
Hey Mark, thanks. I actually found out that Tuesday nights, in particular, is Jap night at Cooks! lol

RecessionRenegade said:
Also live in OC / LA area but half the time no more then 15-20 minutes from Cook's great spot nice ride.
Cool cool, soon as my bike is ride ready I'm gonna hit it up!

Back
Top Bottom