1962 BSA DBD34 Gold Star restoration (1000 miles and more)

Re: 1962 BSA DBD34 Gold Star restoration (Speedometer is restored)

I just read trough the complete project, really great job here! This is a perfect restoration, you should be real proud off this!!!

Keep up the goodwork!!

I can't wait to see a video of this thing firing up. I imagine you can't either haha

Thanks all. Sorry dropping out for so long, but I have been extremely busy with work, play and life and have nothing major to update on the Goldie. Yesterday I did however move in to a new workspace next to my house. I was working in a 8' x 6' room in my apartment with parts on my kitchen table and am now sharing 1200 sq ft of workspace with three friends (the Winona Riders). Clean, safe, great light, kitchen, bathroom, lots of storage, etc. I can now drive my bikes inside next to my tools and work on them, rather than hauling tools up and down my stairs to work on the Triton outside my apartment. The Goldie is still going to stay inside my house until I am ready to start her up.
WRmovein.jpg

WRcompositecopy.jpg

Nice :D

I saw 2 of these restored at the Wichita Ks. vintage motorcycle club show today.

any progress on this???? I miss the updates!

Sorry no updates. No time, no money....

My girlfriend is in town for a few more weeks so no time to work on my Goldie. My new workspace is awesome, the Triton is purring and I cannot wait to get back to work on the Goldie. I have decided to build my CB400F and sell it to pay some bills and finish the Goldie. Frame is painted, engine cases painted and heat treated, many new parts, bearings, seals, gaskets, tires, spokes, rims etc so it should go together quickly. I am burning a vacation day tomorrow so I can hole up in the shop and start putting it together.

Sell the GF and make with the updates,...

She does know about the other women in your life.... right?

ProSimex said:
Sell the GF and make with the updates,...

Hahaha. I'm just glad this build is in my state so I can see it someday!

awesome restoration. I'll be keeping an eye on this build, as well as keeping an eye out for a triton when i'm driving around town in Winona. I have on occasion seen one or two other guys on cafe's in Winona, but its not often. have you got a link to a thread, or pictures of your triton? I'd love to check that out.

asdf, is that your scrambler in your profile photo? I've never seen that around town. Here's a couple shots of Jon's Triton that I took a couple of months ago when he was doing some field repairs in my driveway: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bwald07/sets/72157629557267972/

Thanks guys, GF is here until Aug 1 so NO progress on the Goldie, sorry. I have however eeked a little to time start building a 1975 CB400F cafe I have had in boxes for two years. I want to flip this next month so I can finish dumping money into the BSA and get her out on the road. Did I mention I bought a nice 1975 Kawasaki KZ400 S last night for $120? Winter project.

asdfqwer426, We should ride sometime and/or meet up at Ed's No Name Bar for a pint and bike talk with myself and the other Winona Riders. What do you ride?
My Triton:
IMG_0772.jpg

bwald said:
asdf, is that your scrambler in your profile photo? I've never seen that around town. Here's a couple shots of Jon's Triton that I took a couple of months ago when he was doing some field repairs in my driveway: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bwald07/sets/72157629557267972/

yeah, although i just got the scrambler pipes on last week. i only put it together 4 months ago, so it hasn't been driving around town all that long.

its a 75 honda cb500t (basically just a stroked out 450) but it has a lot of 450 parts, tank, pipes. sometime in the next couple weeks I should be getting my front drum brake on in place of my disk brake.

I would definitely be up for a pint at eds and meeting you guys and your bikes. just shoot me an idea of when you'd want to.

Ah, I assumed it was a CL (tiny profile photo, sort of hard to tell). There's about a half dozen of us with vintage, custom bikes (the "Winona Riders") and it's not uncommon to find at least one of us at Ed's. It probably doesn't hurt that two of us tend bar there as well. We do have a private shop we just started downtown last month, so admittedly we're not spending quite as much time at the bar now. Either Andrew (another rider) or myself work there from Thursdays through Sunday nights and are always more than happy to talk bikes, as long as it's not too busy. I'll be in around 7:30 tonight for homebrew club, but I have no idea what Swan's schedule looks like today.

ah, that might explain the custom honda i've seen parked in front of eds quite often. 2 cylinder I think, definitely not stock rear end.

regretfully i work tonight 6-1, deliver for dominos. but tomorrow night I'm off at nine, i'll swing by then and look for some of you guys.

good eye on the CL. my first bike i got 4 years ago was a cl350 I restored stock, so I started and spend most of my time over on hondatwins. just now starting to branch out to other sites. I look forward to meeting you guys and checking out all the different bikes. if you're curious, a link to my build.
http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16546

Bwald and Andrew do not work on Wednesdays and I will not be out on Wednesday so perhaps another night...

That was probably Andrew's Rebel that he recently sold. White seat? I'm really loving those pipes, man. Anyway, to avoid hijacking Jon's thread, I'll move this to PM.

Back
Top Bottom