'72 CB350F "Lil Sister" build thread

All done with her, huh? Looks like a fun little scoot!

Are you keeping the center stand on?

Big R said:
All done with her, huh? Looks like a fun little scoot!

Are you keeping the center stand on?

Done for the summer at least, I'll get some miles on her and probably keep sorting out some bugs here and there as they come up, but this is what I wanted to acomplish for now... The centerstand will probably be coming off soon.
Then this fall she's going on the bench for a total teardown and winter re-do. Still want a silver frame, resets, empty triangle, and maybe a bikini fairing.

Hoosier Daddy said:
Till now that is, I just placed an order from JC Whitney for 4 of these, could only find them at one other online source and they were twice as much. Must be despirate or getting soft in my old age ::)
229_Exh3693.jpg

What's the link to these? Really like the finished look. Subtle.

Yep, the stock style straight tips have the same inlet size and should fit just the same. I saw them on one over at SOHC4.com and then found the ones I used that have the taper.
Thanks for the interest... ;D

I've heard them on a 750 and they sound awesome! I have no idea how he got them on the 750

So what else is in store for this little girl, I know you had plans to work it in the winter! I have mine gearing up for major changes as you know! Look forward to seeing what you do with her!

Not much yet, the plans were to take it down to the frame and paint it silver, and refresh the metalic red tank and side covers... but she is so damn fun the way she sits I hate to "F" it up. I been putting the finishing touches on the 'Wing and rounding up the next bike, a old GS750 a guy wants to get rid of.
Been watching your build TWhlz, and monitoring the parts you are pickin up.

JRK5892 said:
ha haha that is funny! so have I!!!! i still have that 350 just waiting on me!

Joe, is your 350 a four or twin? I thought you had a twin!

Hoosier, I know what you mean on riding it due to how much fun these little fours are! I love Caroline so much! When I bought her, I planned on just getting her running good and selling her, but after riding her for a month, I was HOOKED! I tell everyone that the high rev power range of the engine just makes it a game to corner it right, and it is a hoot to play! I have owned and rode many bikes, but I have to say that Caroline has proved the most fun bike to ride. I am hoping that all of the mods I do just make it that much more fun. I will let you know what I feel was the best mods and how the bike responds to the mods.

tis a twin... but your gear changes would work for me, and just general freshing up i can steal those tips as well... :)

JRK5892 said:
tis a twin... but your gear changes would work for me, and just general freshing up i can steal those tips as well... :)

OH, sure thing Joe, I was just asking as the fun of riding the twin is just no comparison to the four.

ooh i 100% agree with ya on that! if mine was a 4 it would be cafe'd but i lvoe that twin look on a bobber reminds me of the old triumphs so i had to cut it up. the way that a 4 responsds next to the twin is night and day!

Hey Hoosier,

Do you have a vid of the exhaust? I like the look and want to hear it.

Thanks!

Quick newbie question, how did you attach the tips? Did you have them welded on? I can't see in the photos. I've got to change up my exhaust, and this is what I'm thinking.

Thanks for showing interest in the old girl...
First I mocked up each pipes length using the mufflers for a guide to get a staggerd look
Removed the pipes and cut them to length, cleaned them up and then re-installed.
Drilled a small hole in the mufflers about a 1/2" from the edge.
Slid the mufflers on the pipe and marked the hole location on the underside of the pipes.
Drilled a smaller hole through the pipe and installed a self tapping sheet-metal screw to hold them in place.
Some day I am going to tack weld them in place because every once in a while the screw loosens up and the muffler shakes. ::)

A HA, so I can do it here. I've absolutely no welding experience, and lack of space limits purchases. Not to mention, i wrench right on the sidewalk in from of my house. Thanks again. This bike is the direction I'm going with mine, it runs good now, so why tear it down to dress it up, when I can enjoy riding it until the balls fall off.

Sold her today! Mixed emotions. I really need the cash to get a work truck I been working a deal on... and proud that someone liked a bike I did... but damn she was fun.
Pretty cool kid from Michigan drove 3 hours to get it. Told him about DTT and expect to see him (Ryan) as a new member soon.

Oh... and now I got little $$ left over to finish "OVERKILL!" ;)

Back
Top Bottom