1970 cb350 "wtf is that" Build.

Au contraire mon frere....
A bottle of purex and a couple windshield washers spraying liberally on the tires can make most any anemic engine appear beastly to the unsuspecting.....

Thanks! but you dont think i could break the ass end loose? Id most likley use a atc rear end with those big ol tires.

Haha, might be a little wacky going down the road with those big ol' spudgey donuts but you could hit the dunes with it!

Yeah it might be a bit bouncy could always get bigger rims with smaller tires or off road it! haha. Never know.

nemocb said:
newestpic.jpg

I don't usually go for this kind of thing, but you pulled it off really well. I think it looks sick. But I agree with everyone else, no way in hell are you going to be sliding around on it...unless you find a GIANT rear sprocket.

With an atc rear end, I think you can modify the hubs to fit a skinny car wheel/tire. Its been forever since Ive had my Honda Big Red 250... I could see ya rockin some 15" steelies with some narrow ass, bias ply redlines on her though.

oh hell yeah that would look really bad ass. I might have to try my hand at some MS Paint chopping (lost my photoshop disk).

what about going back to the cb ppes and have the pipes come out from under the seat with the trike kit on. that could look cool.

Thiking about runnig the brace from inside the fender. Would paint the part, could be flat black or the primer. I would also redrill the mounting holes and cut off the extra so its as low to the tire as possable. Comments?

forkbrace2.jpg

forkbrace.jpg

i like the fork brace...red primer might be too much next to those forks... but flat black might kinda disappear in the tire... maybe your bro could paint a design on it?... regardless, it looks like a cool mounting point for a senseless part, like the headlight skull... bullhorns?(kidding)

lockard666 said:
it looks like a cool mounting point for a senseless part, like the headlight skull... bullhorns?(kidding)

whoa whoa whoa......sensless part? hahah. Well it is coving about a 1inch stud from the head light. I was going to cut the stud but I had the skull from who knows what so I poped it on. Ill leave it for now, maybe i can find something more random to put their.

Im going to use Harley texture black on the brace and on my sub frame thats still raw tubing along with repainting the brake stay.

Made the fork brace today. I sand blasted it looks cool raw, may leave it like this, let it get its own rust. Ill work on the wiring tomorrow. Im going to do what I can with out spending any money. Only thing i need to buy is a chain.....I think.

forkbracedraw.jpg

forkbracecut.jpg

forkbracemounted.jpg

OOhh its very close....
forkbracelow.jpg

That may be too close! At speed the centripetal forces exerted on a tire cause the center to rise while the walls contract, making the rubber tread in the contact patch come in contact with your fork brace hoop!!!! Hope thats not the case, but just wanted you to know!

Thanks, I know what your saying. I figure i will chance it and if it hits i can slot the bolt holes some and slide it up. It just looks cool this close to the tire.

you could also hammer on it a bit and get it up a bit just in the middle where the trouble is likely to take place.

reading up on all these projects makes me want to get started on mine. Just no time right now, I know I know... what are you doing online when you can be working on a bike, but last bike I built became all consuming. I just want to be able to devote the proper time to it.

I second that. I've always been told to slide a chain between the tire and the fender-if the chain won't fit it is too close

Back
Top Bottom