How about a DTT Beer exchange program?

Swagger

Putting boot to ass since 1967!
I've noticed a couple mentions here and there about various local/semi-local beers that have limited distribution outside their home area.

Why not post up what you're looking for, what you have available to you etc. If I have access I'd be glad to ship a 6 pack for cost of beer and shipping, if others are willing this could be a great thing!

Personally I'd love a 6er of Yuenling's as I haven't enjoyed any in 4 or 5 years. I'd also enjoy trying others that are local to some of you.

Please...if you think someone's choice is piss water keep it to yourself. That's not what this post is about nor should it be. Bitching about someone's choice of comestible is like bitching about his taste in women. Sometimes that'll get you punched.

So...whadaya got?

id love to, buttt the best place with beer around here only sells their beer in 1 liter glass jugs with a cork and you have to return the bottle when your done :(

Forcefan, where the hell do you live? 1889? Sounds kick-ass though, what kind of beer, I hope it's home brew! I have a mental picture of an old long bearded hill-billy in his overalls with no undershirt filling your jug from a large copper vat in the woods! Does it taste good (if it is some uknown brew)?

hahaha i live in rhode island. the place is called trinity brewery, they are actually know country wide for their amazing beer, its a cool place too all hard wood bars and floors and you can rent pint glasses for the night to have refilled too!!

place is BADASS, im in love with dive bars

This is a cool idea, but how can you ship without breakage? Most good craft beer comes in bottles and I don't trust Canada Post or Fedex not to break it, freeze it, or generally shag the whole deal. Now, When the get together happens at troybuilts I'll strap a load of good Moncton made Red Ale and drive it down on the GL1000. Is there a courier/shipper that can ship a 6 pack of bottles? If so I would be interested.

Maritime

Not sure, but I believe it is illegal to ship alcohol, not to say I have not done it or will not do it. I find it is just not worth trying to get it to its destination safely, or without skunking the beer by bombarding it with drastic temp changes! I would love to make it to some of you alls destinations and sample the many tasty brews that await a self-proclaimed connoisseur such as myself!

Hell, im down. Yuengling seems to be lusted after by a few on here. If you dont mind cans I can send it out w/o fear of breakage... Theres also a great micro-brewery here in Pitt that sells beer in those mini keg cans. Havent had one from them I havent liked yet. Take a gander...http://www.churchbrew.com/
The large number of Irish, German, and eastern European immigrants in this area make for some great drinking!
Also terrific... Although I believe they may be moving out of town :( - http://www.pennbrew.com/

tWistedWheelz said:
Not sure, but I believe it is illegal to ship alcohol, not to say I have not done it or will not do it. I find it is just not worth trying to get it to its destination safely, or without skunking the beer by bombarding it with drastic temp changes! I would love to make it to some of you alls destinations and sample the many tasty brews that await a self-proclaimed connoisseur such as myself!

if your ever gonna be in new england let me know......i have 2 favorite bars, one being trinity and the other being mews tavern, trinity has different brews made in house everyday (they have fantastic stouts) and mews tavern has 165? beers on tap

I think it is illegal to send it via USPS, but not UPS/FEDEX. I'm not positive. I can't remember how I shipped my homebrew to the competitions for judging.

The site is blocked here at work, but it may say how to ship it here.

www.samueladams.com/promotions/LongShot/

One year I was in a beer of the month club and I got it in the mail. So it can be done.

I sent my father-in-law some homebrew once, and labeled it "Yeast Samples".

Just a thought... Why dont we schedule a bi-yearly beer/bike fest? When I worked at the distributor we carried a lot of beer that people couldnt get most places, and there were groups that would do something similar. Every 6 months or year maybe, we as a group select a region, and find a place to camp. Then, whoever can make it brings as much of a local (to them) brew as possible. Im sure once a year would be more feasable. We'll just post up what everyone is bringing to avoid overlap, and go from there.

Theres a bunch of great campground near here, and as a plus were only a 30 min ride through some beautiful woodland areas to BeaveRun raceway...

I've shipped lots of beer in bottles, and while it takes a little work it's pretty easy.

Each gets wrapped in two layers of 1/8" foam packing sheet and taped.
They they are all taped together so they don't rattle about.
That bundle gets wrapped in bubble wrap and taped up again and then packed in a close fitting box which is then packed into a larger box with peanuts.

I've probably sent 10 or so 6packs out and while hte boxes have arrived roughed up none have lost a single beer......

That sounds excellent! My mouth is watering and now I am going to try and convince my wife that we have to go to the Pumphouse (Local Brew Pub) for supper for her birthday. If you guys ever make it to Moncton, this guy has awsome beer. He was the Sales Rep for a Brewery Equipment company and actually sold equipment to most of the micro-breweries from here to the midwest, as far as St. Louise for sure. He was also a fire fighter so the bar is firehouse themed. Fire hydrants for tap handles etc. Man got an hour till I am off work and want a beer so bad now.

Maritime Biker said:
That sounds excellent! My mouth is watering and now I am going to try and convince my wife that we have to go to the Pumphouse (Local Brew Pub) for supper for her birthday. If you guys ever make it to Moncton, this guy has awsome beer. He was the Sales Rep for a Brewery Equipment company and actually sold equipment to most of the micro-breweries from here to the midwest, as far as St. Louise for sure. He was also a fire fighter so the bar is firehouse themed. Fire hydrants for tap handles etc. Man got an hour till I am off work and want a beer so bad now.
+1!

we have a few spots... but i drink high life... hey i am cheap and i love it... what can i say!
hell i will also admit, i drink ALOT of wine... i married a greek so what can i do!
we do have a great brewery by me though if anyone wants to sample their stuff. we ride up there to meet for breakfast and a beer every sunday!

it is two brothers brewery... just awesome... does go very well with breakfast i must add... they even make a home brew cider ale that is a bit too sweet for me, but a few of those and the wife is gooooood to go!

This is a great idea. I like the idea of an exchange, and I'd also be interested in the annual event.
I know I haven't posted up much on this forum, but I'm a lurker, and I need to start my build thread.
I'm in metro Detroit, and there are some fantastic microbrews around Michigan (Bells, Founders, Arbor Brewing and at least 5 others in Detroit alone.
I also dabble with homebrewing, which is like a whole other thread......

Lets set it up!

Back
Top Bottom