socal cb360T build

Well i keep destroying my tail lights when riding. I have gone threw two sets already. I am debating on getting a new rear suspension or just a smaller flusher fitting tail light. I will check out dime city cycles for some , if any one has any good leads or good experience with their new and up grated suspensions feel free to drop a dime. cheers

stript.714 o/c said:
Photo206.jpg

I like otter pops too!

I wish I had something relevant to say towards your issues...but I don't

well i figured out why i am burning so much oil. I didn't know the cylinder jugs gasket is a crush gasket and shouldn't be reused , I have a minor leak . I just been keeping her toped off while riding. When i build the currage i will tear in to her again. As far as the smoke it is very minimal . i read some where that it is because i keep my bike on the side stand not the center stand, dont know whether to believe this, butt any how ride it like you stole it!!!!!

There are two rubber gaskets that go between the head and the cylnders up top where the two oil channels go around the back two studs. Is that where its leaking?

I have resued head gaskets a time or two on different machines and I have never really had an issue with them leaking if they came off cleanly.

no i am leaking from the where the jugs connect to the head. I read some where that when you rebuild and tork it is a good thing to run the engine and then check the tork and retork again. On the head i only used liquid gasket .

What I'm talking about is part number 3, I almost forgot them myself. That is place in that area where there is ANY amount of oil.

cylinderpiston-cb360-usa_bighu0231e9004_c011.gif

I think what you refer to as the head is really the cam/rocker cover.
The head contains the valve and combustion chamber.
The pistons 'live' in cylinders, not jugs
BTW, you torque nuts and bolts, wear a torc and Peter Tork was a member of the Monkees ;D

Yeah so the cam rocker cover , I am leaking oil
. I dont think i caked enough liquid gasket on the cover. I used the honda brand . Is there any other heavier duty liquid sealant gasket that works best? Also my brake caliper keeps squeaking when riding , and when i brake the noise goes away , wierd its usually the other way around, when you brake it squeaks lol. The sound is getting pretty annoying when riding, should i have my rotors turned? Has any one had this same issue? can rotors warp ? how would i know if it was?

Brake pads are probably glazed over and pivot is sticking.
You can rough up the pads and rotor with some sandpaper, around 220 grit.
Take the two 14mm head bolts out and check pivot moves free. Sometimes loosening all the mounting bolts on fork allows things to find a better position
Don't use thicker/more sealer on cam cover, let it sit until it goes tacky, put cover on top and finger tight bolts.
Torque them down after about 5~10 mins
It's a good idea to back off valve adjusters so there is less pressure on cover when you torque it

crazypj said:
Brake pads are probably glazed over and pivot is sticking.
You can rough up the pads and rotor with some sandpaper, around 220 grit.
Take the two 14mm head bolts out and check pivot moves free. Sometimes loosening all the mounting bolts on fork allows things to find a better position
Don't use thicker/more sealer on cam cover, let it sit until it goes tacky, put cover on top and finger tight bolts.
Torque them down after about 5~10 mins
It's a good idea to back off valve adjusters so there is less pressure on cover when you torque it
Nice CRAZY P just the answer i was looking for. Thanks again brother. what do u mean by Taky?

Stript, the best sealer I've found is Suzuki bond, it's way thicker then that runny honda bond crap. Next best is Yama-bond, it's thicker then Honda-bond but thinner then suzuki bond. All these sealers are made for the same thing too, they use them instead of gaskets on the cases, valve covers and on some newer bikes, the side covers too. All these sealants work very well however the thicker ones are easier to work with.

Crazy PJ nailed it when he said you need to wait for that stuff to tack up a bit too. Good luck!

Well i havent been on this thing for a while, It turns out i was in a motorcycle accident and i recked my blue light special . I am realy bumed :mad: But happy to be alive ;)
photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Photo160.jpg

Photo161.jpg

DANG!?! What the heck happened?! Glad to see that you are alright, and that bike should be fixable...if you need a new front end, I have the one from my 360 that I took off and swapped in a newer GSXR one...

The Red Wonder said:
DANG!?! What the heck happened?! Glad to see that you are alright, and that bike should be fixable...if you need a new front end, I have the one from my 360 that I took off and swapped in a newer GSXR one...
I had a green light and some lady was in the left yeilding turning lane she never saw me ,she pulled right out in front of me .All i could do was brace my self for the impact,I hit the front end of her car and i was pitched over my handle bars about 40 feet shattering my ankle . Thanks man i was very fortunate to get away with just that injury.
Yeah i would be interested in the front end 90631 is my zip let me know. i also need a front rim and a brake caliper if you have them Thanks.
Send me the link to your front end modification so i can check it out cheers

foundation982 said:
I was gonna say that rolling pic makes me motivated to ride mine! but after seeing the last page..............
AHHH man by all means ride your bike, just be very cautious . look out for cars when entering the intersection . I learned a new lesson just because the light is green dosent mean that some one wont pop out in front of you. I am definitely not entering lights at 50 mph any more.
Its funny because i am always looking for people who might pull out on me and this lady i never saw.
Do me a favor take your bike for a fun ride for me. i am tired of being cooped up in my house ,and walking past my reeked bike in my garage its driving me crazy!!! Cheers brother

Damn dude, glad to hear your ok! Shit..
But that's the beauty of us two wheelers, isn't it?

We don't ride thinking "it" won't happen.
We ride knowing it "probably will happen" but do it anyways. 8)

We don't ride thinking "it" won't happen.
We ride knowing it "probably will happen" but do it anyways. 8)

So sad but true, Its definitely a gamble even when you do all the things right.

Back
Top Bottom