Attachments

• Picture 079.jpg
    Picture 079.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 388
  • Picture 092.jpg
    Picture 092.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 405
+1

They have their place. Pony up and hire an upholsterer if you're dissatisfied.

HerrDeacon said:
Great post and description on why they suck, very enlightening. ::)

Forget Bike of the Month. We need Post of the Day.

My nomination goes to this reply, right here.

Sonreir said:
For get Bike of the Month. We need Post of the Day.

My nomination goes to this reply, right here.

i just snorted my coffee out of my nose. that is all.

Ringo said:
+1

They have their place. Pony up and hire an upholsterer if you're dissatisfied.

They certainly do have their place, I'll be using a 1/2" pad on my T500 seat. Not planing on doing any touring on it.

I used 1/2 foam, cut to fit, shaped, 3m spray adhesive.
Mine works just fine. To each his own, i guess

Attachments

• IMG-20121008-00197.jpg
    IMG-20121008-00197.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 325
Aside from the butchered pad, that's actually a nice start to a great looking seat. Upholster that bitch and treat her nice.

That is all.

Vintage race inspired bikes aren't really built for comfort........just sayin'. Kinda dig the seat shape though....

NcMike said:
I used 1/2 foam, cut to fit, shaped, 3m spray adhesive.
Mine works just fine. To each his own, i guess
Yours looks great, I'm running pretty stiff rear shocks cause I don't like the rear to squat when I'm on the gas, with that thin pad , it beat me up bad.

hardway said:
Yours looks great, I'm running pretty stiff rear shocks cause I don't like the rear to squat when I'm on the gas, with that thin pad , it beat me up bad.

You might want to soften the rear end a bit, and bear with me on why. On a track, you stiffen up the suspension to get maximum tire to track contact, right? On the street, that same super stiff suspension makes your scoot bounce all over the place every time you hit a rock/pothole/crackhead, which defeats the purpose of trying to keep that tire on the ground.

I had a moment of enlightenment when I changed the settings on my old bike from the previous owner's full hard settings back to stock settings and got faster.

Either that, or eat more cheeseburgers; that's worked pretty well to pad my seat more...

Back
Top Bottom