My first ever CB450 build has commenced.

spider-man said:
Attempting to fit a battery under the rear cowl (seat??)

Yep, it's hollow back there, there should be enough room for a small battery there. Go with the ATV battery mentioned by revhead. What other plan did you have in mind for the battery location?

Thanks Glenn.. I'm definitely putting it under the seat.
When I get it back I'm going to have to spend a whole week cleaning it again lol

Great looking bike, it actually was some inspiration for my getting off my ass and into my 73 cb750 project....however I'm especially disappointed with the part of the video at 1:54 where it says 18km on the odo.

What happened to the part where you said you were going to actually ride this beautiful machine?

Please tell me you are going to get out and put a few miles on her, and not just make artsy videos.

Stunning, stunning, stunning mate. Such a great build write up. I was lucky enough to see & photograph it at the Deus bike build. You had my vote 8)

What made you go for the Pirellis & not something like a Avon roadmaster? Or was it mainly due to the tire wall look & tread pattern of the Pirellis? My 74 CB450 arrives in the country in a couple of weeks & it will need some new tires on it. I've got roadmasters on my GB400 but I do like the style of your Pirellis

Also were you tempted to put an exhaust pipe either side?

Has she been sold yet?

Cheers, Matt

Hey Mega,
I went with the Pirellis as that's all the tyre shop had that would fit my rims :)
The bikes not sold yet as I haven't advertised it. The add will go up on pipeburndotcom in the near future.
Where a bouts are you Mega and what plans do you have for your bike?

G'day Spider,

I actually have the same coloured CB450 by as Clutch's profile picture. It's due to arrive via vessel tomorrow from America. I should see it midway through next week. I'll pick it up & take it straight to Scotts Motorcycles for a one over, change of fluids etc & get some decent tyres on it.

Ha no worries re Pirellis. Can't argue with that lol. I'm tossing up between Shinko, Pirellis, Corker or Avons for my bike. I'll probably go with Avons.

I'm in Cronulla mate.

I don't have a lot planned as the bike is in really good & stock condition. It might be a crime to wreck such a good example :) I'll change the tyres, handlebars to either drag or clubman style, new low slung mirrors sitting below hand grips & peashooter style mufflers. I like Benjis mufflers but they cost a few $$$$. You only live once though right? :)

What bike is next on your list to do up?

Cheers Mega

Really nice bike, love it. Turning my own CB 450 into a cafe racer as well with Benjies parts.

Did you use the original rear fender or? And if so how did you modify it?

Wow man superb construction, your attention to detail is amazing.
I had a question though, Did you use stock rims or did you swap the out for modern ones?

P.S. I love the documentation too.

This is very very well put together and great photography. It is so damn smooth, the color combo, the light bucket, you definitely nailed your first attempt, look forward to seeing what your next project becomes.

Back
Top Bottom